Newbie Saying Hello From Stafford!

4 messages
22/02/2012 at 11:18
Hi all,

Been on the website a few times for a few tips, so thought it was time to say hi

A bit about myself. I started running about six months ago when i finally decided to pack my 20 a day habit in best thing i've ever done! After running half a mile and not being able to breath i thought the fags have got to go.

Anyway, in the last 6 months i've gone from running half a mile to doing 5 half marathon's av around 7:30 min mile, watch i'm very happy with. i've entered my local half marathon event at the end of march hoping to achieve a time of 1:30.

Does anybody have any hints or tips for me to achieve this time?

I've now got to the point in my running where i want to run a bit quicker but my legs won't let me ;(

Martin
22/02/2012 at 21:49

Hello

* Join a club

* Speak to Chris Fulcher (Flying Legs, as featured in RW recently)

* Keep at it, nose to the gindstone and all that

* Find someone faster than you to train with

22/02/2012 at 22:06
You ran 5 half marathons in your first 6 months running? Wow. Have to ask if that's entirely healthy though. I'm no expert, but you might be overtraining just a bit. That's a lot of pressure to put on your body in such a short space of time. Can't knock your enthusiasm though.
23/02/2012 at 10:59
Thanks for the advice guy's!

Overtraining? if i am i'm enjoying it lol! i feel great!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.