Newbies 2

Anyone just starting out? (continuation of Newbies thread)

24,141 to 24,143 of 24,143 messages
09/10/2012 at 12:59

Hello everyone, I've been browsing the forums the last couple of days and decided to say hi. I am currently recovering from M.E/C.F.S and now feel well enough to be able to start exercising again! Before I was ill I ran/walked the Race For Life (June last year) and was very happy with a time of 38 minutes. After that I fell terribly ill and didn't do any walking again until March of this year!!! I am currently on the second week of a 10 week walking plan, hoping to achieve a goal of being able to walk 5k in under an hour before Christmas! Only then will I think about starting running again! Nice to meet everyone, looks like a very friendly and positive atmosphere!

NV
10/10/2012 at 14:07

HI all,

Back again!

Nice one Suzanne  . A half marathon is an achievement to be proud of.

Welcome JH. This thread has been a bit quiet recently.Very sensible, steady targets. Good luck with them.

Slowly getting motivated and fit again. 9 mile run yesterday at a  very sedate pace, then ride to work this morning with a puncture at almost exactly the midpoint of the commute. Snapped a tyre lever changing the tube and had to phone home for rescuing. Mrs NV was not best pleased!

07/12/2012 at 22:47

Hello... is anyone still out there???

I used to post regularly on this thread when i first started running 3 yrs ago. I found it a tremendous support and encouragement. I just popped back to say hi,and that I'm still loving running.  I'm now into running marathons, i've actually got through to the last 21 in the Asics target 26.2. So keep running, keep smiling,   Jenny

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
24,141 to 24,143 of 24,143 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.