nutrition needs

1 message
27/07/2004 at 11:28

I am trying to sort out my diet now, I have been running for a year and would really like to improve by maybe sorting out my diet a bit better, seem to have no energy to run sometimes. How does this diet look, been trying to think of ways to improve my energy levels.:-

Week days

Breakfast - Wheetabix x 3 semi-skimmed milk, with an apple or banana. OR All Bran 50g semi-skimmed milk and a piece of fruit.

Snack - 4 Rviyta's (dry - I like them like that) OR cereal bar OR banana OR low fat yogurt

Lunch - Fish (Salmon/Tuna) or chicken with pasta or noodles and 3 portions of veg. Low fat yogurt.

Snack - Piece of fruit OR cereal bar OR 2 Jaffa Cakes

Dinner - 2 x toast with 2 eggs (Omega 3 & 6 in)
OR 2 x toast with 1/2 can beans
OR Toast x 2 and soup

Snack - chocolate bar (small) or some biscuits.

I am running about 20-25 miles a week at the moment, will be increasing in September for a marathon.

Weekends a bit different as maybe have a takeaway and a drink, or a fry up after long run etc.

I run in the evenings at 6.30pm.

I drink 2-3 litres of water a day and a can of diet coke. Don't like tea or coffee.

What foods are energy giving foods, I eat a lot of bananas, cereal bars, potatoes, pasta etc.

Thanks in advance.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.