OMG! Signed up for a half marathon in October...

Vein pain!

3 messages
14/07/2012 at 17:14

Hi all,

I have been half-heartedly running for about 3 years.  I started doing the Race for Life then and have done a couple of other 5k's.

I have since signed up for a half in October and it dawned on me today that I have 3 months!

I have been quietly reading your posts and thought that maybe I could absorb some of your enthusiasm!

I have a question...I ran 6.5k last weekend and I had really bad pain in my leg the day after.  I have a varicose vein and was wondering if I should get a pair of compression socks?? Would they help?   The pain is much better now although it is still a little tender - I have not run this week but am going to try later on today.

I am looking forward to hearing from you

15/07/2012 at 12:29
Ouch! I'm not much help I'm afraid but are varicose veins supposed to hurt? Is it worth a trip to the doctor?

Good luck for your half marathon! I did my first half in April and really enjoyed it so h e signed up for 2 more! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
15/07/2012 at 20:54

Thanks for your reply! I did a short run earlier and am not sure no if it might be a muscle thing??  It felt okay but I power walked for ages to get myself warmed up!

I am stressing about October and know that as long as I am taking it careful and keep doing it it should be fine.  Did you follow a program?

Thanks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.