One is not amused

... heading back to square one

6 messages
16/12/2012 at 14:58

Well after getting this cold bug that has been going around, I'm now down with Laryngitis.  I've got a feeling that first plod is going to be a difficult one.

....the amount of comfort crap I've eaten is no doubt not going to help.

Humph

16/12/2012 at 17:12

Feeling for you mate - I'm suffering with the lurgy too - two weeks running missed now 

16/12/2012 at 19:15

Rule of first runs back after illness.

Finish feeling well.

And if that means jogging about the house, so be it.

22/12/2012 at 20:34
Had a strong return run on Wednesday followed by my first ever mixed session today. 5k exercise bike followed immediately by a 4k run. Whole new ball game for my new fatter self.
30/12/2012 at 19:04

same here. Last run was 8th Dec (had a virus followed by chest infection).. Went back out today for first run. Went ok but took it very steady.

03/01/2013 at 21:07

How did it all Steve?  I think I managed to over do the return and had a slight foot injury which started on Chrimbo Eve; decided to run on it Christmas Day which was a bad idea....I've been on my backside ever since.  Today seems to be the first day it's easing off!

I've ordered a pair of these minimalist running shoes to slowly ease in to and add to the mix.

So hoping for a gentle return this weekend...and a return that lasts more than a few months this time.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.