Pace, How

How do you run to a pace

5 messages
05/01/2008 at 01:19

I've set up this Smart Coach thing, but it tells me to run so many miles at a pace.

How do i do that? I have a nike+ thing but nothing else, should I use that and keep clicking the button to find out my pace and try to get it to that number or what? I don't have anything fancier.

05/01/2008 at 10:57
Oh well I'm about to go out on one of them said runs the only thing i can think to do at this stage, is to set the distance in my nike+ then keep hitting the button till it tells me my pace is the right one, but this feels very messy.
05/01/2008 at 11:39

heart rate monitor training is good at figuring it out.  Also gauging yourself against others in a group run could help. 

If you have a watch..run the same measured route over a few weeks at a pace at which you can talk then compare the times side by side.  Do the same thing at a faster pace that leaves you mildly winded...repeat and compare times.  You can figure out what pace is good for you from analyzing this information.

05/01/2008 at 12:13

I've used a HRM to train for a while, making sure I never go over max hr and if i do slowing down sucking in some air before trying again.

This has worked ok till now, but I have a lot of training to do so i've set up myself with the Smart Coach on this website, the training sessions are basically distances with a pace say atm todays 13:00 per miles, how do I make sure i'm running that pace without a posh bit of kit. I know i can work it out from a fixed length course, but to my mind that is after i've completed the run. These paces seem to change per session as well, so its not as easy (in my head anyway) to work out how to run 13 minutes per mile cause by the time i've done that i need to do 12:23.

Hope this makes sense, anyways gotta go, long run to do.

05/01/2008 at 14:14
Well i don't know how it did it but I jsut kinda run how i normally do, and this was same pace as smart coach predicted.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.