Parkrun Leeds

Parkrun newbie seeks local nutters

5 messages
22/03/2013 at 11:24

I’m taking part in my first parkrun (Leeds) tomorrow.

*gulp*

Anyone else from the forum likely to be there?

22/03/2013 at 11:49

You'll love it. Its a biggie, I understand. Parkrun is the most fantastic running out there: everyone should do it. You'll be addicted by 10am (assuming its not cancelled because of the weather!)

22/03/2013 at 11:55

I was wondering about that, Dan but it looks like so many people do it there will be a hardcore lot demanding it goes on...whatever the weather :P

Really looking forward to it.

23/03/2013 at 11:40

First 5k done today...went well, but times won't go up until this afternoon. All I know from timing myself is I did it in less than 35 mins, which I'm quite chuffed with.

Especially since it was a foot deep of snow in some places!

08/04/2013 at 18:30

Well done. I did my first (and last!) parkrun last weekend too.

My fear - coming last. I didn't though.

I stayed behind 2 people I thought were running at my pace.. they were slower, but I didn't overtake them til near the end as I was unfamiliar with the course.

I was anxious all the way round "Why am I doing this?" in my head.. so didn't enjoy it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.