People keep telling me to give up!!!

Should I shouldn't I?

41 to 45 of 45 messages
04/02/2013 at 11:29

As I understand it on the charity/pledge thing, if the charity 'sells' the place for a guaranteed sum (say, £1,000), then the £1,000 is not a donation so it's taxable.

So, if you sign a contract agreeing to give them £1,000 for their marathon place, you are bound by it, and they could pursue you through small claims court of some such for the money, but they would have to pay tax on it (and probably incur some negative publicity along the way).

The wording of the contract may be a bit more ambiguous, though, in order to get round the selling issue.  Then the contact is less likely to be enforceable, too.

04/02/2013 at 16:04
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Anyway back to the original topic, notice the OP never came back, nor thanked us for our contributions ...... why do people go to the effort of registering, then making one post, then not even replying ........ God she really is lazy isn't she?

Actually, yes, I agree with you there. Although the term I would use is "rude".

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 16:06
05/02/2013 at 18:18

The OP will reply but is only up to five words and is stuck.Luckily she is taking calligraphy lessons once a week so watch this space.

07/02/2013 at 13:27
oirisheyes wrote (see)

The OP will reply but is only up to five words and is stuck.Luckily she is taking calligraphy lessons once a week so watch this space.

why is there no emoticon for "laughed so hard i nearly puked"?

07/02/2013 at 13:44
oirisheyes wrote (see)

i was thinking there's 26 letters in the alphabet, and she's been learning for 5 months and is up to B, and wants to learn the whole thing by April.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 45 of 45 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.