Progress report...

5 messages
05/11/2002 at 21:23
Hi There,
I have been a bit busy lately, and have missed quite a few threads here. Hope all your training plans are going ok? I have started the 100 day half marathon plan, for beginners. It was in the printed copies of RW this summer.. It is going ok so far although I am finding it hard to keep to the allocated days, and have ended up swapping days - as long as it gets done.... I have been trying the treadmill too as it is really the only chance I have during the week, and it is safer than running out in the dark. I do find it difficult to deal with the differences between treadmill and road.

Any suggestions to help with my training? I have applied to do the York Brass Monkey 1/2 in january... sometimes wonder if I am totally mad... :-)

Do enjoy the sense of achievement as I cross another milestone though. Nothing quite like it!

Take care

go-slow
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/11/2002 at 08:32
good luck and keep going is the best I can offer right now!
06/11/2002 at 09:13
Go-Slow

At least the treadmill doesn't have a vertical setting for the Pennine hills you skoot round - should be a doddle for you :-)

Like you my running is dropping off a bit because of the dark nights & unlit pavement-less roads (scared myself stupid a few weeks ago when I went out early evening & it got dark faster than I expected, even though I was only out for 30 mins). Unlike you I haven't got any targets for the new year yet (2004 London marathon is still ultimate goal), thanks for the reminder it's given me a nudge in the right direction.

Nick
06/11/2002 at 13:19
Thanks evil pixie - I will keep going!

Nick - I have devised my own cunning way of dealing with our Pennine hills.. (Well, it works on routes that have regular spaced lamp posts) - I run between two lamp posts, then walk between the next two, then run, etc till I can extend the running distance with shorter recoveries.

I hope that translates - I have just read it back and it sounds ridiculous! But it does work for me, and there is a killer hill on my long sunday run. (I have absolutely no choice regarding hills from my house!) It makes the hills bearable, and by running between 3 posts, with 1 recovery, you have already improved.
I hope eventually to get up the hill with no staggering, but think it might be a long way off :-)

huff-puff
The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/11/2002 at 22:38
hill? sorry what is one of those?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.