Proper beginner

Believe it or not, I dont want to lose weight!

5 messages
08/03/2013 at 19:01

Hi,

I am very very new to this running game, I would probaberlhy strugge running to the shop. Anyway I am 6ft tall and weigh around 12 and a half stone. I dont bing drink (do like a glass of red though) or smoke. I am a joiner so I have a active job so I am in ok shape.

I was out on my bike at Dalby Forest, slowly trying to get back in to mtb. My mate is a big time rower and rediculously fit! We had to stop literally every 10 minutes on inclines because I was simply knackered. After about a minute I was fine and raring to go again, soon found myself out of steam again!

I have no stamina at all but enjoy being outside. Gyms bore me senseless so I need to do more outdoor activities. I love going out on my bike but want to get in to running. My concern is my weight, I don't want to lose any. If I start running will I end up stick thin?

Sorry for going on and thank you for any advice

cougie    pirate
08/03/2013 at 19:07
You'd only end up stick thin if you ate less calories than you burnt. 95% of the runners I see aren't doing this.
08/03/2013 at 23:07

I am good at stuffing my face so that should be good.

Any advice on trainers for tarmac? I used to wear Inov 8 F lite for the gym but I dont think they will be stable enough for running.

10/03/2013 at 12:22

Get yourself down to a good retailer specific to running, they will give you some good advice.............I find the more I run the more I eat.Just make sure your having plenty of good carbs and protein.You need to start up slow maybe have a look at some training programmes online, join a running club, or try your local park run. www.parkrun.org.uk ............run 3/4 times a week and don,t be put off if its a run walk to start with, your young and will get there pretty quick .Enjoy your running

10/03/2013 at 15:39

Than k You for that, I will pop to up and running this week. I am good at stuffing my face anyway. Never gain weight so I certainly don't want to lose any.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.