race for life 2009

race for life 2009

6 messages
30/06/2009 at 15:06
hiya all any1 doing race for life i am doing it this sunday at blackheath london
30/06/2009 at 15:36

I think lots of them are already past! I did it on 21st June in Aberdeen (my first ever race of any description). I really enjoyed it, though did get a bit frustrated at all the people in the so-called running section who ran across the start line and immediately started walking.

Have you done it before?

30/06/2009 at 16:53

Sheri, i was at Aberdeen this year too and was really annoyed by the walkers in the runners section, was stuck behind one woman carrying a child who had no intention of running!  Took 9.5mins just to get to the 1st km!  It used to be worse though when everyone was in together so it is a slight improvement

Good luck Tara, its a good beginners race, got me into running.  Hope its not too hot for you!

30/06/2009 at 20:57
this is my 1st race
01/07/2009 at 06:49
Even more exciting then!! Have fun in the knowlege that whatever time you get will be a PB!
01/07/2009 at 10:04
I think there's another RfL 2009 thread in Beginners somewhere - you'll probably find lots of others that are doing the same one as you.  Have fun!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.