Running and soccer

2 messages
18/01/2013 at 19:52

So i'm 15, i play football but i am frustrated because i'm not as fit as i want to be and it's hindering me.  I'm a slow runner and so overall i would like to have great running power in a few months and i'll do nearly whatever.  i have a decent pair of sneaks i'll run however much but i'd prefer not to run on roads because i breathe very heavily and make crazy faces when i run.  I have some questions for you all though.

• Will i get faster/fitter quicker by running short distance or long
  • how do i breathe better when running instead of breathing like a mentalcase
  • how do i get over my fear of running on roads
  • i ran 1.8km in 13 mins today is that good (rocky steep country track, none of it was flat)
  • how do i make myself enjoy running so to speak?
22/01/2013 at 15:34

First things first take it slowly. The first thing you want to do is build up a base fitness. This will stop you from injuring yourself.. Have a look at these articles http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/beginners/big-beginner-index/1461.html they may help answer some of your questions.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.