Running clubs and partners

4 messages
Mij
15/09/2002 at 15:24
I ran for the first time with Ludlow Runners this week. They have a hard core of far too fast people - a good number of somewhat faster than me but not massively so - and enough my speed or slower so that I don't feel left behind.

I had my hardest run in years that night, and also the most fun.

So if you are sitting on the fence, as I was - get down off it before your bum goes numb and run with your local club its fun and it helps with the motivation.
20/09/2002 at 16:51
Mij,

Did just that this tues - went to my local clubs beginner night - hmm beginners with 5 years experience. However a very good night as 2 runners stayed with me on course and were very patient with my slow pace. encouraged to go again next week and see if i can do better. i know this will take time but one day would be lovely to run with every one else and see another beginner come and know perhaps fingers crossed that i have improved.
butterflies had a good run for their money too lol
Mandy
20/09/2002 at 21:09
I also got round to joining a club last week. My introduction was a speed session - almost killed me but I really enjoyed it.

This week I have been out twice and noticed how company takes one's mind off distance and time, making it all easier. I went for a small local club, which for me is just perfect - very friendly and harder to avoid people in the town should I get lazy :-)

There are bigger clubs around but I would probably end up training too hard too early in my re-entry to running and end up injured.

K O
20/09/2002 at 22:01
Anyone know of any running clubs in or around Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire. I am tempted to try joining a running club.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.