Running clubs in Chester area

6 messages
22/10/2002 at 21:17
I have just taken up running after a lazy few years on the old exercise front.
I did the Great South Run and really enjoyed it and am now wanting to keep my interest in running and improve my times with a bit of speed work etc. To do this I think I need to be in a club, could anyone point me in the right direction for good clubs for relative beginners in the Chester area?
cougie    pirate
24/10/2002 at 09:53
Stuart - check out this listing : http://www.runtrackdir.com/ukclubs/

That should give you a few ideas, which club was it organised the Chester Zoo 10k ?
Or just look out for club tops at the next race or just when you are running ?

24/10/2002 at 11:10
Capenhurst Running Club organised the Chester Zoo 10K. Others around that area are Helsby Running Club, Rivacre Runners, Pensby Runners, Vale Royal.
24/10/2002 at 18:15
thanks for that, much appreciated.
24/10/2002 at 18:25
I have just started running again and have been running on the treadmill in the gym 3 times a week as follows:
40 mins - easy run
40 mins - intervals - 10 x 30 seconds with 90 second inbetween and warm and cool down jog
40 mins - incline fast walk

How can I improve these workouts to get faster?
24/10/2002 at 18:43
Whoops! I am new to the forum and posted this in the wrong bit, I thought I was in the beginners forum!!! Sorry everyone!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.