Running clubs in Southampton

7 messages
03/03/2004 at 21:20
I've just moved to Southampton and am looking for a sociable and beginner-friendly running club, ideally on the eastern side of the city (eg Hedge End area). Can anyone offer any suggestions please?
DDP
07/03/2004 at 09:10
Hello MB

I too live in East Southampton

I'm not currently running with a club. However I have emailed Team Solent and Eastleigh Runners (both about three weeks ago) ... no response as of yet, so dont bother with them

There arent that many clubs on the East side that I'm aware of ... quite a few on the west side ... depends how far you want to travel

Good Luck! Let me know, if you have better luck than I have done
09/03/2004 at 09:32
HI MB,

I have also posted on the General forum asking about running clubs in Southampton and there have been a few helpful suggestions of clubs you can try.

Am going to be giving them a go myself.

Good Luck!
26/02/2007 at 15:39
There's a group of us that meet on wednesday evenings 18:00 in the sports hall at West Park School Titchfield, relaxed, friendly and informal.
20/11/2012 at 08:22

Does anybody have any contact details for the Hedge end Running club?

Thanks

20/11/2012 at 16:00

There's a list of Hampshire running clubs here.

I'm a member of Fareham Crusaders. They're a friendly bunch with a wide range of abilities.

20/11/2012 at 16:15

Thanks Tom77 for the Info.

Matthew

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.