Running clubs in Swindon

7 messages
26/08/2008 at 21:04

I am near enough a total beginner, i have been out on one run and loved it and can't wait until i go out again, i was just wondering if anyone knows of any beginner running clubs in swindon or the near area, that run on sundays?

Roxy x

27/08/2008 at 09:18

Swindon Harriers do a beginners session on a Tuesday - Haydon Centre.  7pm Just turn, up always somebody to run with - go from run/walk to run/run.

Nothing on Sundays i am afraid.

12/09/2008 at 17:12

There are two runnign clubs in Swindon; Swindon Harriers and Swindon Striders.  I am not a member of either (nor any club) but I know a couple of people who are members of one but I do not know which one.

Have a look at the websites to see how appropriate they are for beginers.

Colin

14/09/2008 at 22:42
Swindon Striders are starting a beginner sessions on September 30th. Tues evenings at 7pm cost 50p a session..

wish more running clubs would do beginners sessions...
29/10/2008 at 16:24
Slinn Allstars run out of JJB/asda orbital on tues eves 7.15 pm in the winter, and basepoint, west Swindon in the summer. They also run a beginners group at 6.30. Very friendly informal running groups, with a huge range of abilities from run walkers to speedy peeps, always some one to run with and chat as you go round.
05/02/2009 at 21:40
Would like to run with other runners around stratton or greenbridge area. I am training for the london marathon.   Please respond with place and time.
28/01/2013 at 11:39

Run JB are an official Run England running group based in Lydiard Park in West Swindon, running 8 weeks beginners running courses three times a year. See http://www.jbpersonaltraining.com/run-jb-beginners-running-swindon for more details.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.