Running Clubs In the Chesham/Amersham Area?

12 messages
03/03/2004 at 16:51
Anyone know of any clubs in this location? Just starting running after a long break and wouldn't mind racing in the future once I've got some miles in!

Thanks in advance!
03/03/2004 at 16:52
Try Chiltern Harriers. I think they are based in both towns.

They do have a website - havee a look for that.
M...eldy    pirate
03/03/2004 at 16:56
Helloo
I live in Wendover but a friend of mine runs in Chesham with a club - dont know all the details which is not much help I know but at least there is one around!!

03/03/2004 at 19:27
Who's your friend Imelda, I run with Chiltern and even do a bit of coaching there. Am injured at the mo' so haven't been down for a while tho'.

The link Geffin is .....

http://www.chiltern-harriers.org.uk/

Any questions or queiries just ask.

M...eldy    pirate
04/03/2004 at 09:35
Pm - her name is Nancy - tall girl dk hair with an accent - hope she will forgive me for naming and shaming her!!
04/03/2004 at 13:25
PM thanks for the info, just wondering if you have a large range of abilities, what with just starting out and all! currently running about 30 mins at a time, hoping to extend that over the next few weeks.
05/03/2004 at 00:32
Imelda, I can't think who she is but I probably know her by sight.

Geffin, we cater for many standards from super fast to begginer. With 4 groups, begginers, not too fast, getting faster and fast. The sessions usualy last for and hour or so but we're not running continualy for that hourand you can drop out when ever you feel like it, and people often do. In fact it's very rare for us to finnish a session with as many as we started with.

Give it a go. If you go down ask for Trevor or Steve and say that you've "spoken" to Phil. tell them what you hope to achieve from the club and they'll set you on the right path.

Best of luck.
05/03/2004 at 09:41
PM depending on my work schedule, hopefully i will make it down in the next couple of weeks. many thanks
21/05/2007 at 16:33
I know this is an old thread but how fit/fast do you have to be to join Chiltern?

My hubby joined a few weeks ago,he has persuaded me to go along to training with him tomorrow,but worried that I will be too unfit!

I did the Wooburn 10k yesterday and was slow,but I finished,so proud of myself!
05/01/2013 at 23:09
Hi all, I'm looking for a running club for beginners. Does any one know of any? Details please. Thanks
M...eldy    pirate
06/01/2013 at 00:36

Whereabouts Ann??

Bearbook Joggers cater for all levels (aylesbury)
Handycross runners
Chiltern Harriers

(Just realised I was on this thread 8 years ago .. I need to find a life)  

06/01/2013 at 12:25
Thanks M...eldy,
I live in Chesham.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.