Running clubs

2 messages
11/05/2003 at 19:20
I hav only been running a couple of months and looking for a running club in north west kent. I'm 17 and from Swanley, any info in which is the nearest, or best one to join around this area?
11/05/2003 at 20:57
Marcus,
If you look at www.british-atheletics.co.uk and then click on the club directory menu, then click your nearest county, you will find a list of them. The only ones I can think of near you are Dartford Harriers. Not a bad club who put on a good race at their annual 1/2m. There's no best club. A club is only good for whatever you get out of it. I know some clubs that have 300-400 members and although they have a good social scene, in competition terms, they're not up there. My club has only around 100 members, but we have alot of top runners and a couple of good county champions and an a ex olympian amongst our squad. But i joined it for mainly advice on running marathons and staying in shape. Good luck!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.