Running for Women!

An excellent read for the girls!

4 messages
11/08/2004 at 18:58
Hi girls,

Just a little note to let you know of I book that I bought. It is a fantastic read! It is really useful on how to run, why to run, nutrition, motivation and how we women are different from men when it comes to running.

Guys - Not that I am pushing you guys out, you might find it interesting too.

So if you are interested, see details of book below.

The woman that wrote it, claims she was managing editor for Runners' world for 8 years!

Happy reading x

FP x

The Complete Book Of Running For Women
Claire Kowalchik
ISBN 0-671-01703-9

I paid £10.99 but on Amazon for £14-15 with another book, or £6-7 on its own!
12/08/2004 at 18:59
Sounds good! I've got Sam Murphy's Run for Life (also about women's running), and that's really good too.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
15/08/2004 at 12:39
I have this book and can highly recommend it!

It explains things simply and has some good no nonsense training plans in it.

Can't make me run faster though - I have to train for that!
15/08/2004 at 22:54
I bought this a few years ago when I first got into running. Unfortunately it is now packed up at my parents' in Florida! I recommend it too, though if I remember correctly the nutrition part is not great. But it's a good read and leaves you feeling like "I am woman, hear me roar."

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.