Running on Air

2 messages
05/08/2002 at 08:22
Well have now gone and done it! What you might ask - Saturday morning found me in Reading visiting Sweatshop to buy myself a decent pair of running shoes as so many people had been telling me I needed to have the right shoes for many reasons. To my horror I had to run across a scan mat in front of a shop full of people - arghhhhhhhh! Oh well I thought what the hell they must have all had to do this so did a jog across the shop and hit the mat with my right foot - ah easy i thought - now back for the left foot - hmm missed the mat with my stride, second go I only got half a foot on - 3rd time lucky and a whole left foot was then displayed on the monitor so they could tell me what sort of shoe I needed from how my foot had landed on the mat - wow technology is good - the assistant was very helpfull and then proceeded to show me all the shoes available for a "neutral" runner - first pair I tried was NIke Pegasus 2002 - they fitted like a glove and boy were they different from what I had been expecting and currently using. Did a practise jog along the back balcony and I was away floating on air - which was true as NIKE use AIR for their shoes - the next few I tried were not so good so I happily purchased my now much loved shoes - tried them yesterday and they were brilliant - running any faster? not too sure but did not feel so jolted on each step showing me how important it is to have some proper footware.As you might tell I am over the moon with this purchase - sad? yep quite probably but who cares :)
iron fraggle    pirate
05/08/2002 at 09:04
I think the pegasus will be my next pair too - have some storm pegasus for off roady type running, and it does feel like you've got some pillows on your feet!
good to see you're still enjoying the running
Andrea

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.