Running Partner - Wirral

5 messages
26/10/2002 at 22:53
Hi

Ive been trying to get fit over the last twelve months but have always found it difficult to get started running. Anyway after a lot of effort Im up to about 20 minutes comfortably on the treadmill and can manage about 2 miles on the road. I only go out on the road about once or twice a month but have decided to get out running more and would like to find a running partner of a similar level.

Is there anybody out there that would like to join me?
I think having someone to run with will help keep me motivated.
27/10/2002 at 15:17
Hi Richard
I live in Great Sutton.
I've been running since July and have done 3 10K races......very slowly, so I can run for an hour now but not easily or comfortably! I run outside on a Monday with a running club but their normal pace is really too fast for me, although the leader slows down now to help me keep up!
28/10/2002 at 06:15
I am, at the momemt a 12-minute miler but dearly want to get faster - my running club partners are too fast for me at the moment so I find myself making excuses not to go as I find it very stressful always being "group donkey". I don't think its safe on dark nights to be out on my own - I live in the Bolton area and would love to find a training partner of similar ability who also wants to get quicker.
28/10/2002 at 22:06
Carmel/Marjorie
Thanks for the mesages. I think you both live too far away from me for us to become running partners. However it would be good to keep in touch to see how your doing.
I think it would be good if this site could arrange for a specific forum for people like us who are trying to find running partners with similar abilities.
Also it would be useful to find a list of running clubs with sections for beginers.
Anybody know of any??

29/10/2002 at 19:53
Richard
I definately think its a great idea to keep in touch - what a pity we are too far away - are there no new or slow runners in my area - Bolton, Lancashire?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.