Running two days in a row?

4 messages
10/02/2014 at 10:40

Hi Guys,

I've just decided to get back into running & hopefully keep at it with a view to attending my local 5k Parkrun soon.

Anyway, I've been doing 2 runs a week in between my gym days for 3 weeks now.  This week I'm out the gym for one reason & another so I thought I'd do more running this week. Now, I want to keep my long run on a Saturday but I don't really want to have a 2 day rest during the week! Would it be ok to do a 20 minute run tomorrow having run for 30 minutes today?

It'll probably just be a one-off but I guess I'd still like to know at what stage it is ok to run two days in a row?

All my training is aimed at building an aerobic base at the moment, so I'm running slowly & even having to walk a couple of times to keep my heart rate in the right zone.

I'm not an absolute beginner... I did a reasonable amount of running a couple of years ago but then was sedentary for 1.5 years for health reasons. Since then I've done a few runs here & there but mostly just walking. Over the Christmas period I walked 2-3 miles every day almost, so I'm not a stranger to doing some form of Cardio!

I'm 26 & male if that makes any difference.

Thanks guys!

cougie    pirate
10/02/2014 at 11:02
I cant see the harm to be honest. Your legs might ache a bit more - but that should be about it.
10/02/2014 at 12:13

+1 For Cougie, just go for it and see what happens.

10/02/2014 at 15:52

Thanks for the replies both.

I'll just go for it then

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.