runofshame.com

New website

1 to 20 of 21 messages
19/11/2012 at 23:20

Hey everybody I created a new website to help get people started into triathlons and eating right. Tell me what you think, I'm open to suggestions for improving the site

Thanks!

19/11/2012 at 23:21

Oh yea, the website is www.runofshame.com

19/11/2012 at 23:30

Jesus.  H.  Proof-read!

seren nos    pirate
20/11/2012 at 07:21

is this a competition to find the most mistakes.............whilst you lot on here know i hate pedants picking people up on their english and spelling on an open forum........i do think that if you are trying to set up a website then you should make the effort to get it done properly.and put it through a spell check at least

20/11/2012 at 07:25

can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes looking at it

The spelling and grammar is awful. Caveman diet? Why would anyone really want to do that?

And there isn't actually any useful advice

PSC    pirate
20/11/2012 at 07:29

there is a caveman diet, but the rest of the site is carp.  

20/11/2012 at 08:01

Yikes, thanks for the brutally honest replies. I'll get on the grammar and spellcheck.

20/11/2012 at 08:05
And perhaps no use the forum for free advertising, but instead pay fo it like everyone else
cougie    pirate
20/11/2012 at 09:48
I don't understand the name of it ?
20/11/2012 at 09:53

In your list of top 5 running essentials you have music as number 3?!

20/11/2012 at 10:42
Flump 85 wrote (see)

As it's aimed at potential triathletes, I would think a bike might be quite high on that list.

Flump 85 wrote (see)

cougie wrote (see)
I don't understand the name of it ?

I agree - very strange name.  Is the suggestion that running is something to be ashamed of? An ilicit vice that can only be done under cover of darkness.

Altogether, the website just seems to be pushing the same sort of half baked twaddle that you get in red-top supplements and sleb magazines.  'Advice' designed to make the reader feel insecure and thus buy the miracle products advertised.

I guess I'm not target demographic.

20/11/2012 at 10:44

Several things, since you did ask...

The name of the website is odd - why run of shame?

The list of running essentials includes music? 

The spelling and grammar is pretty bad. 

There's not a lot by way of content - you're not adding anything to what's out there already, and what you do say is brief and incomplete. The whole website has the feel of a notebook about it - as though you've jotted down some ideas and that's as far as you've got. 

20/11/2012 at 10:53
seren nos wrote (see)

is this a competition to find the most mistakes.............whilst you lot on here know i hate pedants picking people up on their english and spelling on an open forum........i do think that if you are trying to set up a website then you should make the effort to get it done properly.and put it through a spell check at least

If Seren says it's bad, I didn't even want to look 

But I couldn't help myself - and it's really bad.  

cougie    pirate
20/11/2012 at 12:54

Clayton - do you run yourself ? 

I didnt see one thing on there of interest apart from a foxy cave lady. 

Dark Vader    pirate
20/11/2012 at 14:22

What's an Alvacados..?

seren nos    pirate
20/11/2012 at 14:25

its a dance 

20/11/2012 at 16:48

Your mission statement is a bit cliche'd. You say your aim is to provide 'affordable' advice but there are already many websites which offer a mass of advice for free.

The info on the 5-10k running is frankly rubbish. ' Start by walking 5k and build up to  run' with no information on run/walk intervals or how to increase. The sample training programme lacks a build-up, timings etc - nothing about how long you should walk/run for or anything.

20/11/2012 at 20:41

Clayton, on a positive note I liked the lady typing into her laptop, pencil in mouth, cup of coffee at hand. Bookmarked. Keep up the good work.

I'm also goin' to get me one of them there thin tires and aero bar bikes

M...eldy    pirate
20/11/2012 at 20:48

What a complete load of twaddle

I dont think I have ever seen a worse website  ...

What is your day job?? !

20/11/2012 at 20:50
I like the tuxedo style running top that bloke has on. Would love to get hold of one of those.
1 to 20 of 21 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.