Saying hello

6 messages
27/06/2013 at 17:00

hi everyone

been reading the magazine a few months and thought i would pop to the forums and say hi.   i don't run in any races as such, a while back i started with stomach troubles and i thought i would get fitter, i now get off the train early on the way to work and jog 4 miles into work twice a week, getting washed and changed when I arrive.   The remaining days I do the same route but walk.

Been doing this for about a year and I feel younger and fitter than ever and the stomach troubles have (touch wood) gone.

I'm sure that this simple persistent routine is a good route to good health that anyone could take and leaving the car at home would be a good idea for many

Edited: 27/06/2013 at 17:03
27/06/2013 at 19:22

Goodbye.

28/06/2013 at 09:37

Ummmm... where you going?

Didn't the forum sub-title say "The first-time friendly section" ?

28/06/2013 at 11:16

Hi,

I just started a thread before properly reading the others like this one, I think that's awesome.

Well done you - I'm at the place where I've decided I'm going to start running etc (decided yesterday) I've not actually put my trainers on yet!!! But reading your post is encouraging - I've just subscribed to the magazine myself so hopefully will find more things to encourage me.

And maybe in a few months I'll be reporting some good stuff like you've just done

01/07/2013 at 13:43

well done you  sadly i have to travel up the motorway to work, so i don't think they'd like me running on the hard shoulder   otherwise i might have given it a go!

i've only been running about 2 months but really enjoying it so far  ran my first 10k on Saturday in 1.09! its true what you say, persistence is the winner! when i first started i couldn't run to save my life so its great seeing the changes in my fitness   and Ian you should go for it! i really couldn't decide when to start (as i knew it would be very bad) so i just took the plunge!

02/07/2013 at 16:31

I've only been running since the start of May too and loving it at the moment...1-2 runs per week is adequate for me to make improvements/recover and now trying to get a sub 50 minute 10k.....(need to shave off 2 minutes first!)...need to cut the distance and do speed work over 5k or go for endurance on 15k....no half measures!

Edited: 02/07/2013 at 16:33

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.