Shoes just started to rub, advice wanted

5 messages
13/06/2011 at 13:28

Hi,

I've been running now for all of three weeks. I bought a pair of running shows halfway though week one. They're New Balance something (sorry, typing this at work so don't have them to hand). I bought them from a decent shop and tried a load of pairs first, running up and down outside along with other punters.

They've been fine for the for the first 7 or so runs, prob 20-25 miles, until yesterday I started to get rubbing on the insides of the sides of my heels on both feet. Not much, but definitely noticable and I reckon it would cause a problem after a while.

I don't think I can take them back now, but are there any tips on how to fix this, or alleviate the problem? it definitely hasn't happened before, so I could almost convince myself I put them on wrong!

Thanks

cougie    pirate
13/06/2011 at 13:30
Are you using the same socks ? Or was the weather different ?
13/06/2011 at 13:37

A smear of vaseline on the affected part of your heel might help to stop the friction.

Strange that they havent rubbed before so hopefully a one off

good luck

13/06/2011 at 13:52

Thanks cougie and susiebe1.

Same socks, or at least same type - straight out of the packet. Weather was possibly warmer than other runs, but it was <8am so not tropical.

I'll give the vaseline a go. We still have some knocking about from when my son was a baby (that's why we have it - honest!).

I'll see what happens next time, and try to work out if anything has changed.

13/06/2011 at 18:32
You could try double skinned socks, if the vaseline is no good.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.