Smelly kit, smelly kit....

21 to 32 of 32 messages
26/08/2002 at 18:46
I have to admit that I throw mine on the bathroom floor when I come in, and my cat loves to roll in the sweaty smelly kit. So not onyl do I have smelly kit I also have a smelly cat.
WildWill    pirate
26/08/2002 at 18:55
The first thing my wife says as I walk through the door, after a training session is “Don’t come near me smelling of sweat, and you can get that kit straight in the wash”

But I have been known to rummage in the dirty laundry basket for a favourite training top from time to time ;o)

Will
26/08/2002 at 20:09
Hmmm, I don't even own a laundry basket, so I guess I'm disqualified from possible slutdom. I put everything in an old bag from Next - so I suppose that rummaging around for clothing in a Next bag is simply sad.

But my kit hardly ever even makes it into the bag - if the floor is good enough for me to walk on, it's good enough for my kit to lie on! I like to pretend that it sleeps better that way.
27/08/2002 at 12:57
I'm a squeaky clean wash it every time. With two of us filling the basket with sports kit, we do a machine wash about every 2 or 3 days. On coming into the house, after the stretching (wet patch on carpet in living room), it's to the bedroom and soggy gear is draped artistically round the edge of the plastic laundry basket to dry before going in the machine when there's enough for a big wash.
27/08/2002 at 13:19
German houses are designed for runners because most have a separate (large) laundry room, so there plenty of room for smelly kit - my motto is that if I throw it in the room and it walks out again then it needs a wash!
27/08/2002 at 13:35
I think that some of the runners at the race on Saturday hadn't washed their kit because they were very stinky! I also think they'd forgotten to wash themselves.
27/08/2002 at 22:48
Good training tactic no 1 - no one will try to overtake if you stink. Bad training tactic no 1 - people will bust a gut to overtake if there's a bad odour. Personally I don't care about reusing kit at all although I think I'd draw the line at alison roberts's cat rolling on it. Hope s/he hasn't got fleas (the cat that is)

SY3
28/08/2002 at 02:10
I truly believe that too much washing is not good for any fabric. As I run alone most of the time it does'nt really matter if a shirt or a pair of shorts has been worn two or maybe three times. But fresh socks are a must for every run. I do agree that on a race day that every one should wear a completly fresh kit as it is only polite to those running with you. I also find new clothing to be a mental boost,if you feel good about yourself it helps you mentally
28/08/2002 at 08:35
My husband washes my kit for me when I arrive home on a Friday (work away from home) after some of it has been in a plastic bag from Monday, smells disgusting, but clean kit every time for me.
28/08/2002 at 16:52
Mostly use clean kit as with two of us running we have enough to do a wash every couple of days, but have been known to re-use sports bras, shorts and t-shirts, but never socks (I get blisters anyway).

Why do some of you handwash/handrinse kit when you've got machines? Surely they've got short rinse-only cycles which would do the job quicker and easier? Very useful for just rinsing swimming cossies and towels too.
28/08/2002 at 19:52
Wash mine every time - you have to when you smell as bad as I do ( as MrSS keeps reminding me. But have recently encountered new problem - even after washing the stuff still smells - and it's not worn out so I don't want to buy more. Trying Ace Bleach at the moment but which you could buy a wash in micro-ban type additive.

Confession time - I'm so lazy, Mr SS once emptied the tumble drier wanting me to put things awya in drawers etc - but I couldn't be bothered so put it all back in the wash basket for him to wash again! Which he did!
28/08/2002 at 22:12
Clean running gear every time for me,but the problem i've got and no one else has mentioned it,is the old running shoes.Her who must be obeyed banishes the smelly shoes to the garage,and basically i've got no grounds for argument!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.