sniffle - spring bacteria

6 messages
05/03/2003 at 17:38
Hello you lot
I'm looking for some inspiration. I was running about 10 miles per week (slowly) and really enjoying it; motivation wasn't a problem at all, even in the yuck weather. For the last two weeks I've had really poorly tonsils and have now got a snuffly runny-nose cold on top of that. Have no interest in running, all I want to do is sleeeeep. Managing work OK (being self employed is a fundamental motivation) but can anyone inspire me to get out the front door again....heeeeeelp!
05/03/2003 at 17:41
Oranges and lots of them. I am convinced this helps me overcome any cold/flu type bug...
3TL
05/03/2003 at 18:05
if you've flu - rest - running is not going to help you. If it's only cold take VitC, maybe echinacha.
06/03/2003 at 14:31
thanks - bought a stack of oranges today and some echinacha (faith healing next, I think!)
06/03/2003 at 20:13
I've found echinacea really useful in the pastif taken at the start of a cold..that said i had a horrible flu thing that crept up on me and knocked me for six , now i have a delightful chest infection...The doc says i started training too soo after the flu and that's what caused it..so I suppose it's important to rest & recuperate properly.Now I can't do the Reading half.
07/03/2003 at 13:15
I ran too soon after that bug! ended up with high blood pressure which in the end I had to rest, am just starting to feel better, but take heed and listen to that body, it's cleverer than we think, I will make it to London but will take it slower and enjoy the scenery! Good luck Jax

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.