Started running....I think I'm addicted.

Is it love or is it a fad?

161 to 162 of 162 messages
12/01/2013 at 22:36

Hello everyone, been lurking on here for a while picking up some bits and pieces of advice but hit a bit of a milestone today and not sure what to do.

Been running for about a month now, started over Christmas mainly run/walking about 5min/1min but today did my first non stop 5k in 29:10 today (very slow but had the best runners high!).

My question is do I carry on focusing on getting more slow steady miles under my belt or start adding some variety into my training? I started running after buying a bike and entering a duathlon while hungover after my 30th birthday. Thats in march and I want to make the most of the time between now and then.

Thanks!

16/03/2013 at 12:37

Where is everyone? Still running?

I am five weeks away from my first Half and very excited! Had a bit of a blip after a solo 8 miler a couple of weeks ago (bit dehydrated, poor diet the day before), but now have a running buddy who has signed up to run it with me. We ran 9 miles last night, and it was a good run, so my confidence has been helped a lot.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
161 to 162 of 162 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.