Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

2,041 to 2,060 of 7,328 messages
21/09/2012 at 10:15
Grendel3 wrote (see)

Thaks 3:30 all quite traumatic - we are consigning her to the arms of Satan Tuesday week so can get back to normal then. Still running though so no probs there.

PAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA *cough cough* sorry! That is something we shouldnt really laugh at but hey funny is funny! 

Grendel3 wrote (see)

... just keep it as a rot of diary of what I am doing and how long.  

I read that as a rot of DAIRY!

21/09/2012 at 10:44

Should of read sort of diary -

21/09/2012 at 14:51

Sorry to hear your news Grendel. It's  very sad on your wifes behalf that she should have been pushed aside like that. These things happen in families but I feel the parent should be the one to stand up and be counted. No offence meant by that but imo you brought your kids into the world, you should stick by them no matter what. Anyway, I think everyone would agree if you need to get something off your chest then this thread is somewhere you can do just that.

I will have a proper catch up at the weekend but a nice easy 3 after work today. Got to go and get the kids from school soon.

September 36.40

21/09/2012 at 19:52

Am back with a massive 3.3 miles !!! Distance running at its best

22/09/2012 at 16:12

Oh ans 102.3 miles so far this year. Done that in one week once back in the day !!

22/09/2012 at 17:02

Hi,

I'm new to this forum (& running). Started the 0 to 10k in 10 weeks, six weeks ago and moving  into week 7 tomorrow. The right side of 50 (just) and need to loose at least a stone, everything going OK. Don't feel particularly breathless unless horrid big hill, but my legs do feel like lead weights. When will this get better?

Plus any tips re good running shoes, using Asics at the moment, seem OK.

23/09/2012 at 17:07

Hi Jane, welcome to the thread. Which side of fifty is the right side exactly?

The weight will come off with this running lark, that's a fact! The legs will get lighter too, just give it a few more weeks, look back over how far you've come since the start and you'll realise how well you've done already and instantly feel fitter!. As far as running shoes go I reckon if theres no reaction to the shoes you're wearing they'll be fine, Asics are certainly a decent brand. If you do want advice though, you're best off heading to your nearest local running shop for some proper advice.

Went out this morning in the pouring rain for my long slow run. 5 miles covered, slowly, but certainly easy! Really enjoyed it today, lots of water, mud and hills and I felt better after than I did before!

September 41.40

23/09/2012 at 23:09

Welcome Jane! I echo Just Run, just keep going it gets better!!

Nice one Just Run....didn't get out over the weekend as I was resting my ankle a little...I pick up my Garmin tomorrow!! I went for the 110 as I really don't need all the bells and whistles.

Ive only got 2 months to somehow run faster and further than ever ready for the Luton Marathon!!! Not really exactly sure how I'm going to get under 5 hours on my first go! I would have really liked my first one to not have as much pressure but if I don't do this one I cant take part in the NDW50 in May!!

I somehow need to do no slower than 11.45 m/m for 26.2 miles...rough game plan I think is to start slow so I can warm up and get into it then slowly crank up the gears to buy me enough time to sit at a 12 m/m later on.

I know I'm not mega fast so with this plan I should just scrape in under the 5 hour cut off. It will be cutting it really close but I think if I try and push really hard I will probably burn out and loose more time than just trying to relax and trust in my pace.

Anywho...picking up the Garmin tomorrow then I shall head out and give it a test!

Night all!

24/09/2012 at 05:00

B2B

Good luck with the Luton, that brings back memories, never done it but done the relay marathon there a few times, do they still do it over 3 laps?

Remeber one year iy was so windy it blew the little marque they had set up on the green right over !! Still, a good race well organised.

Quite fancy one of those Garmins myself actually

24/09/2012 at 09:31

Welcome Jane,  would agree wit the others over the trainers, we all have diffetent ideas - mine being the cheapest known make on Sports Direct in my size!!!!

After the upset of Mum in Lwa dying last week, the week ended with my wife's grandad passing away aged 96 - he lived in Australia so only ever met him once - he was a basically a grumpy old man - and I really liked him!! 

Anyway, back to business -  3 miles run on Friday, followed by a 4 mile brisk run Saturday averaged 8:28 and then an 8 mile run yesterday.  Two weeks now to the Southend 10K so am going to start to ease back this week -  3 miles very gentel jog this morning, because of the weather wore a rain jacket and completely overheated and struggled -

Speed work tomorrow but not a 20 times a minute session - will drop that to 15 times - 

Welcome to the world of Garmin B2B wil be interested to know what it is like - the only other feature I use on on my 205 is the interval thing which tells you when to run and when to stop so will be interested in knowing what the 110 does as I will need to replace mine in the not to distant future.

24/09/2012 at 10:54

yeah 3:30 its still the 3 laps, im a little worried that its going to be too fast for me as it has a 5 hour cut off! :/

Grendel - Once again im really sorry for your loss!  thats a bad week if I ever saw one! 

As for the Garmin..looking forward to it, its the most basic one which as you all know by now is right up my ally! I dont think it even has the interval trainer, just time distance and split time...perfect! ha ha ha!

24/09/2012 at 16:39

Hi Everyone,

Can I join in please I have had a number of years barely doing anything, the last 9 weeks, I built up a small base in the first 2 weeks and recorded the 7 weeks after this,

Im currently doing around 20 miles per week at 9 - 9.30 min miles, even in this space of time had a minor setback of being ill, and also im not in the uk and have a lot of heat not helping me!!!

I have read the whole thread in the past 4 weeks and used it as motivation as the people here are doing similar a seem friendly enough, I noticed a few along the way dont post anymore, but the hardcore of grendel b2b and just run are still posting regularly.

hope you are all well!

rest day today

total since 11th August 112.25

Edited: 24/09/2012 at 16:42
24/09/2012 at 16:48

Welcome Panda! Yeah Just Run, Grendel and myself are still "kicking" around! BOOM BOOM see what I did there?!

There have been many join along the way and I dare say alot of them may still read the thread....*waves at anyone still reading* 

You read the whole thing?!!?! Thats a job in itself! 

Well I for one am glad to help in anyway I can, everyone on here has bags of information in one way or another so please just ask or post if you have things to share!

24/09/2012 at 16:52

I'm well Panda - you are welcome to join in - where are you based.

24/09/2012 at 17:06

b2b, Yeah read it all I work nights quitea bit took ages though i must admit, I will ask for help etc along the way im sure, was interesting reading about the ultra stuff I think thats a long way off from me,

Grendel Hi hope you are well, I am based in Gibraltar so everyone speaks english here only problem its crowded and bloody warm to run, there are not too many routes to go on but good scenery,

There are a few races here a year the races here are a decent standard though from what i see from the times, next one is 26th dec 10k so that is my target for now on boxing day.

24/09/2012 at 23:13

Good evening my little chickadee`s! 

Panda - Well I'm not as far along as you may think!! Its all in the mind, well I bloody hope so because I haven't got it in the legs yet!! ha ha ha

Had an immence run this evening! Picked up my new shiny Garmin, got it home and paced around waiting for it to charge then thought bugger it! Ill go out anyway and use the app on my phone one last time...

Headphones in, drum and bass up, slow start to the beat and let it naturally progress up the gears...

Armed with half a belly full of chia seeds, a small bit in a bottle and my new found rocket fuel  (details later!) small waist bag and my trusty Luna`s I found myself zipping past my 3 mile "check point" not stopping like I normally do....interesting!

About half a mile later I forced myself to stop, sip some more chia and then slowly pick up the pace again....around 5 and a half, same thing with a small walk thrown in for good measure...6.5 was my "aid station" so stopped off for a small apple juice, small sip the mixed the rest with the remainder of my "rocket fuel".....

ok, ok ive made you wait long enough.....my new secret running drink is......drum roll please!!...............Beetroot juice!! wasn't expecting that eh?!?

Nothing else, nothing fancy, just good old Beetroot juice! Tastes great if you put some apple juice in it as well!

ok back to the story! Started back home, still keeping my cadence to the beat, little walk again at around 9 miles then home!

Stopped my sports tracker to discover some crazy results!

The "13 mile" I have been running is according to my phone 13.96 so every time I have run that way I have been doing nearly a mile more than I thought! This is also the same for my 6 mile as its the same way, its actually nearly 6.5! 

Oh well I can measure it properly soon!

So down to the results!.....the envelope please!

My "13" mile time USED to be 2.42.00 and is NOW......da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 2.19.19!!!!!!!!!!! I knocked nearly 23 MINUTES off!!!!!!!!!! WOW I need to calm down! lol! Its just a bit of running ha ha ha!

My form really could have been better and it would have made it alot easier, im also not quite sure just yet if I could have turned around and done it all over again....well I have 8 weeks to get ready! 

So thats 13.96 for me tonight! Man that feels good to type!

2012 - 495.34

Edited: 24/09/2012 at 23:16
24/09/2012 at 23:59

nice one b2b thats an excellent distance and the time is impressive too well done,

Im looking forward to tommorow get my new running shoes, someone bringing me a pair, i tried them on already, they are just the newer version of what i have now so will be fine as i done the treadmill thing when i bought them!! my ones now are worn though not really through a lot of running, just on and off!

25/09/2012 at 09:23

Was a bit worried the other day when you metioned the 5 hour cut off B2B - but after that post you are going to storm it -  6 weeks training, 2 weeks to taper you will do brilliantly.

Panda - never been to Gibralter - but would swap the wind and the rain we are currently having in the UK for a bit of warm!!!!

10 times a minute this morning 4 miles in total - taper now well under way for Southend sunday week - am determined to go into both Southend and the Wix 5 the week after with bounce in my legs!!!!!!   

25/09/2012 at 17:15

Had a swim at lunch today....well I say swim, it was more like desperately trying not to drown as I haven't swum in about 15 years and even then I wasn't great!

Only did about 8 lengths and was knackered! I spent the rest of the time holding the side just kicking my legs!

It was a nice stretch though and I think I may add that every Tuesday now instead of a small run.

Going to try and go for a walk tonight to loosen my legs and try out the Garmin!

Edited: 25/09/2012 at 17:15
25/09/2012 at 18:24

grendel yeah its ok here but gets a bit too mch some times, im personally looking forward to it raining, i remember years ago i used to love been out when its chucking down and running,

I didnt manage to get out today, had other things on but i deffo will tommorow, I just got my new running shoes on my god they are comfy, didnt realise how beat up my old trainers were until i put these on

b2b i feel your pain it is a lot harder then it looks, i always look on at thse who glide up and down effortlessly and think how do they do that!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.