Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

2,241 to 2,260 of 6,919 messages
05/11/2012 at 23:58

Hey nice one JR, pretty good time there!

How are you feeling now? Recovering well? Was it you knee I forget?! 

06/11/2012 at 14:22

5k for me at lunch today, 33 mins....man I dont really like using shoes anymore they hurt my feet lol!

2012 - 624.70

Edited: 06/11/2012 at 14:23
06/11/2012 at 16:49

Previous post disapeared will catch up later - welcome though to the new people, not long now B2B

06/11/2012 at 17:10

Yeah next sunday!! *gulp!*

06/11/2012 at 18:01

Steady 2 miler through the woods today. Good to be back out and pleased that I didn't have to stop for any coughing fits. Hopefully out for the next 2 days as well before the dentist on Friday and then a long drive down to Yorkshire for the in-laws 2 golden wedding parties at the weekend. Also have to squeeze in a visit for a 3rd party for 2 aunts (90+93).

Planning to do my first parkrun on Saturday morning whilst I'm down there. (it will keep me out of the way whilst folk are getting stressed) 

Drive up to Newcastle on Monday then Tuesday fly out to Portugal. I think I will be ready for the 5 week break!

06/11/2012 at 18:51

B2B, knee, ankle, hip, take your pick lol. My achilles is the only thing giving me grief at the moment but i'm managing it and the pain is reducing all the time so just keeping an eye on it. I think last weeks race took a little more out of me than i thought as the following three runs were on fairly stiff legs! After last nights run i'd say i'm recovered now so looking forward to Wednesdays slog! Are you getting nervous about the weekend???

HRHB....good luck with the park run, must get round to doing one myself, i've got my barcode ready.

DB9
06/11/2012 at 20:50
Good to read where peeps are at in their recove
ry process. Hope all feel good tnite...
Working late but managed 4m ...bit chilly n crisp but 37min compared to 39 for the same route last Tuesday...progress wahoo...
DB9
06/11/2012 at 21:22

just run - ha ha ha ha like that is it?! My achillies is a little tight at the moment as well, I think its an overuse injury...ill get the mara out of the way and maybe have a week or so off.

yeah a little bit! Its only next sunday!  man thats come around really fast!

I just really hope I can finish in time!

Nice running DB9! Try not to get too carried away after such a long break!

06/11/2012 at 21:30

You can do more harm than good now B2B - all the hard work is done just time to recover fully, drink plenty of fluids so that you are well hydrated and plenty of carbs from next wednesday. 5 hours - it'll be a breeze!!!!

DB9
06/11/2012 at 21:41
Thanks B2B..
So good to be back but yes I will be building carefully bit by bit. No mara plans but planning a diary full of 10ks that fit in with life and cycling..
DB9
07/11/2012 at 12:26

Havent managed other runs other than last weeks Jog Scotland group as it was block 2 beginners and was back to being a few min jog then walk which the back can take. Missed this weeks as my Jaw disorder has flared up and feeling really Ill. Oh why is nothing ever so simple. I just want to be able to go out a jog lol. Any way on a good note I have signed me and the husband up for Next years Perthishre Half Marathon and hope to go back and get a great PB! Especially if i am lighter that will happen naturally just need to be able to jog 13.1 miles at a steady pace now. Thinking the real training will start in JAnuary and in gym if weather real bad. At the moment i need to be able to finish the Jog scotland programme and jog for 30 mins straight.

Still not managed to catch up on here properly but will do soon I promise. x

07/11/2012 at 12:27

Good luck on your race B2B!!

07/11/2012 at 15:19

5k today at a decent pace to get an idea of how to pace my ParkRun on Saturday. Not helped by a strong wind but got round OK in 27:00:10. Curse that tenth of a second, now I know how they felt trying for the 4 minute mile. Still not a big improvement needed to go sub 27.

November - 9km

Since starting 17 Sept 2012 - 158km

08/11/2012 at 14:06

Thanks Bananas!

Still a good run though HRHB!

5k again for me at the gym this lunchtime...started the dreadmill at 8.5k and slowly increased it throughout untill I finished at 12k for a final time of 30.26.

Pretty happy with that as I felt really comfy, could have gone faster and was still not even out of breath!

Nice controlled run today, couldnt have asked for much more...

2012 - 627.80

08/11/2012 at 18:32
Hello,

I liked the sound of this thread, starting again slowly. Did a half marathon in notts in 2003 and have had various problems with my knees on and off ever since. Having finally decided to hang up my shoes i have just been persuaded to sign up for Rock Solid 10k in march with my sister to celebrate her 40th. Got a bit carried away with first run out in my new trainers and had painful left knee, ITB style. Have decided that starting a training programme from scratch with run walking is probably the best idea. Any top tips?! Are wobble boards any use?
08/11/2012 at 20:06
Hello folks. I haven't been on in ages. ITBS recovery has been taking longer than I hoped, not helped by a couple of additional (acute) injuries, a holiday, and a 2 week cold. I'm currently still running every other day, for 50 minutes. The physio says I should only need one more visit to him.

I have been to training with my club since April, so I have no doubt lost a lot of fitness. All my 2012 targets went out the window.

I hope you are all doing better than me, and hello to all the new faces on the thread.

I'm off out for a steady 6 miles.
DB9
08/11/2012 at 20:19
Hey all
Welcome to everyone..good to be on a happening fred...
Didnt manage last nite due to company pre christmas do....a social pub quiz free bar and food...good fun...
Tnite core done with 4 steady miles...38mins...
Time for a bowl of macaroni...
DB9
DB9
08/11/2012 at 21:11
Good wishes to B2B and HRHB for their races this weekend...I hope the weather is kind to you..
DB9
09/11/2012 at 09:03

My race is next weekend DB9 thank god! ha ha ha!

Welcome Gammineez! (great name!) We have loads of great ideas in this thread, head back over the last 20/30 pages or so and have a little catch up

Not used a wobble board myself, not sure it would be great for your knees to be honest?! Having not used one I dont really know!

THOMAS!!!!!! Great to have you back!! Its been awhile! Glad the injuries are starting to calm down! Its a shame not to hit your targets but its not the end of the world!

Its great that you are still doing the 50 minutes though, well done!

09/11/2012 at 09:28

Trouble is with a happening 'fred' is trying to catch up -

Big welcome back Thomas sounds you are on the right track now are you still hitting those trails you told us about earlier in the year.

Struggling a bit this week - should probably have had a (looks round furtively and whispers) rest after the Wix 5 miles, 2 races in two weeks and I probably deserved some time - But you know me rest is a 3 mile run - Oh well never mind, should hit 33 miles this week if all goes to plan - all slow and steady - will dig out a training schedule for next week and start preparing for next years Wix 5 and that magic target!!!!!

Edited: 09/11/2012 at 09:29
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.