Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

2,261 to 2,280 of 6,779 messages
09/11/2012 at 13:12

Gammineeze....Wobble boards are fantastic! I use one (not as often as i should) and they really do strengthen those muscles and ligaments around your knees and also your ankles. Well worth investing in imo.

Welcome back Thomas!!!!! Glad to hear you are on the mend. Enjoy your 6 miles!

B2B, GOOD LUCK this weekend mate! You'll be fine, enjoy it!

Hi Grendel, i am having a REST day! Tummy bug swept through the family and although i've dodged the worst i haven't felt great over the last few days so going to put my feet up and see how i am Sunday.

Happy running this weekend everyone!

09/11/2012 at 13:29

Sounds a good plan Just Run - hopefully the family are over the worst of it and you have managed to sidestep it.

09/11/2012 at 13:36
Afternoon!

Hey, I managed to run-walk-chase my 4yr old boy (riding his pedal bike) on a nice little 2 mile route today with no complaints from my knees..... Progress! Was forced to slow down going up and down hills which was quite useful as he's good but only has one gear!

Will hold off buying a wobble board until I can track down and visit a local running physio

Good luck with your races...
09/11/2012 at 13:39
Hang on....only just noticed JustRun saying they're fantastic! So tempted to zoom off to Amazon and buy one...... Must remember to actually properly read the posts!
09/11/2012 at 15:17

lol Grendel! Resting?! You?! What the hell is going on?!!

Just Run - thanks! My race is next week on the 18th...just trying to get some nice food and sleep ready for it now! Got a few little runs planned just to tick over...

09/11/2012 at 15:51

Am probably looking forward to yur race more than you are B2B - you'll storm it!!!!

09/11/2012 at 16:01

ha ha ha yeah I think you might be!! 

Im looking forward to it but also a little nervous as well!

Anything under 4.59.59 would be great! ha ha ha

09/11/2012 at 16:49

Gammineez, well worth looking around, the costs vary a lot! They certainly do the business though and 10 minutes a day on running days has made me feel a whole lot stronger. Glad the run went well, good luck to you.

B2B, sorry, rushed my post earlier, could have sworn it was this week. The training is in the bag now, so rest up and eat up!

Grendel, it probably would have been a good idea to rest but after an egg roll and a cup of tea i felt fine (maybe just hungry?) so i went and ran a fairly quick 3ish miles. Thoroughly enjoyed the run and raring to go again!

November 17.38

2012 - 370.16

Edited: 09/11/2012 at 16:50
DB9
09/11/2012 at 22:12

Hi everyone...So much to catch up on...

Good luck to the racer B2B for this weekend...enjoy it and relax-think you'll cruise..

Welcome again to one and all.

Grendel - I think I remember you from my sub 3.15 days...?

Some good runs being done and I def. agree Gammineez the wobble board is a sound investment.  Worked for me when I needed it/combined with the physio.

Forced myself out for a trot out round the lanes tnite...and managed a 34.19 for the 4m - so another 30 seconds progress.  I'm pleased)

Pleased to be consistent, just how I used to be before....8.44, 8.32, 8.35 & 8.29

Totals for me then are...

November - 19miles

2012 - err... 19 miles

Good weekends to all...look forward to race and run reports..off to see Bond tomorrow

DB9
10/11/2012 at 20:53

Sounds a good session there DB9 - possibly from your 3:15 days - although my sub 3:15 days are so long ago they don't count anymore!!!!

Went out to do an easy 3 today - finished up doing 4 a slow start that picked up to a bit of a tempo pace - happy days!!!

12/11/2012 at 20:31

Evening peeps!

Good running DB9!

Well done Grendel, business as usual eh?!

Decided earlier that my 8 tonight instead was going to be a 6, take it nice and easy and all that jazz....6.2 miles with an average of.......10.05m/m!! ooooops! so much for taking it easy eh?!

To be fair it didnt feel that bad but im sure that pace would creep up on me after maybe another 4 or 5 miles or so...

Think ill have one more 5k on Wednesday then rest up for sun dun dun daaaaaay!

Getting excited and nervious now!

Happy running peeps!

2012 - 634 (ooo not seen anything without a point something for awhile!)

12/11/2012 at 20:41

All systems go the B2B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait til Sunday afternoon when you post!!!!!

DB9
12/11/2012 at 20:44
GgggggggggoooooooB2B

bag the recovery
rest load
stock up on zzzzzzzzzzds
DB9
13/11/2012 at 09:07

5 miles done this morning, averaged 8:45 minute miles - but that only tells half the story - because of the dark the first 2 miles were done in an average 9:15 pace, the tempo picked up on the loop back which is lit by street lights - pace picked up and I know at least part of the last mile was sub 7s - now just have to work on that sub 7 pace as I need now to be looking regularly to run that sort of pace -

Happy days.

Edited: 13/11/2012 at 09:07
13/11/2012 at 09:45

Nice one Grendel! Mr Garmin recons I was hitting peaks of 7 to 7.30 on my 6 last night, not sure I could hold that for too long though!

13/11/2012 at 11:01
Sub 7 miles sounds quite speedy to me, well done!

Managed another run walk and my first circuit training session for nearly a decade.....still standing horrified to see that medicine balls are still in existence and still as hideous!

Just run, now proud owner of a wobble board, made making the pack lunches this morning more interesting
13/11/2012 at 16:47

Well done Gammineez! So how long/far was the walk/run?

ha ha ha added presure of not chucking sandwiches across the kitchen eh?!

Maybe I should get one to entertain me when washing up....I bloody hate washing up!

13/11/2012 at 17:55

Gammineez, brilliant! Makes brushing your teeth a little messier too.

Not long now B2B, you all organised?

Grendel, that's a decent pace there. I can't imagine running 7m/m for long!

You too DB9, nice pace.

Missed Sundays run, late night Saturday combined with late start Sunday and decided to take an easy day before i started my new schedule this week. Went out along the lanes last night for just under 3 miles, averaged 9:30 and kept it fairly easy. 5 miles planned for Wednesday including some hills or reps!

November 20.19

2012 - 372.97

13/11/2012 at 18:34

not sure "organised" is where im at just yet, excited and nervous is alot closer! lol

Well I guess my prep is going ok, 6 mile yesterday, 3 mile tomorrow, trying to goto bed early and eat well...going to pick up some beetroot juice on friday to start stockpiling the Nitric Oxide, maybe make some Adzuki chocolate bars again and then attempt to sleep well ready for "a little trot" on sunday!

13/11/2012 at 20:58

The important sleep is Friday night - also are you stocking up on carbs?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.