Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

2,361 to 2,380 of 6,829 messages
21/12/2012 at 12:55

Sounds like a plan!! Might try and squeeze another little run in if I get time.....

21/12/2012 at 16:13

Good to see you're back in the groove B2B, good luck with the training for your ultra.

Grendel, I enjoy getting out of bed when I wake in the morning rather than being turfed out by my alarm for a change, enjoy the rest!

Welcome aboard Blogger Jogger, that's some target you;ve set yourself!!! I'm going to try to run every day for the christmas break and that's only 11 days (12 including todays effort). Best of luck to you.

Been really lazy the last week or so but finally got out the door again and put in an easy 5 miles. Very hilly but very enjoyable. A short, easy run planned for tomorrow.

Today 5.02

December 21.63

2012 - 407.71

Edited: 21/12/2012 at 16:15
22/12/2012 at 07:13

I started the year with 3 aims -

1. To break 30 minutes for 5K -  25:11   - done
  2. To break 40 minutes for 5 miles - 39:28 - done
  3. To run a 1000 miles - revised to 1500 miles  -  2012 - 1500 Miles -  DONE

4 miles run this morning - tonight a bottle of lager and a lie in tomorrow!!!!!!

Happy Days  

22/12/2012 at 10:40

Fantastic Grendel!! Well done mate. I feel a failure after reading that lol.

Nice easy 2 miles this morning before breakfast, really lashed down while I was out but felt great. Nice slow 6 or 7 planned for the morning.

Today 2.01

December 23.64

2012 - 409.72

22/12/2012 at 11:23

Thanks Just Run, you have dealt with your injury problems/ coaching course/flooding etc - so no way is that a failure!!!!! 

Good luck with your 6 or 7 miles tomorrow!!!!! 

Edited: 22/12/2012 at 11:23
22/12/2012 at 12:31

Nice one Grendel!! So what now for next year?!?!

Just Run - I agree with Grendel, I also think you have done so well for just not giving up!!!

Look at the amount of people that have come and gone over the time you started this link........your still here!!

Given the year you had and you still got just over 400 miles in!!! 

Right!! Lets get our plans in for next year!!!

1 - Finish the NWD50 in May 

2 - Finish the London to Brighton in September 

3 - 25 minute 5k (current PB 28.52 so might be a stretch )

4 - Barefoot 5k (toughen those feets )

5 - 1000 miles for the year

PFFFFTTTTT! That should keep me busy......

22/12/2012 at 21:06

1500 miles again

More quality

A sub 38 5 miles

A sub 35 5 miles and

a Sub 30 minute 5 miles!!!!!!

22/12/2012 at 23:12

Nice! Looking to give the 5 mile a good spanking eh?! 

Hmm may have to revise mine already....I cant seem to find any details yet on weather the London to Brighton is being run again in September.

It is being run in May about a week after the NWD50 so thats not going to happen!

hmmm ok im sure I can figure something out...

23/12/2012 at 19:45

Thanks Grendel and B2B, it's great that the thread is still going and we are all still here. Lets hope next year brings us lots of running success.

7 miles kicked up the arse this morning, nice and slow in 1:20 although it was very hilly. Don't even feel like i've had a run today, that must be a good sign!

I will have a little think about my plans for 2013 but I have a couple of targets...

More early runs

A sub 24 5k

To complete a 10 mile race

To run a half marathon 

Today 7.05

December 30.69

2012 - 416.77

23/12/2012 at 20:06

Nice targets Just Run, once you put your mind to them they are as good as done!

23/12/2012 at 21:15

Seriously thinking of joining a running club too. South West Road Runners meet Wednesdays at the Exeter arena track which is just half an hour from me. Its one night of the week we don't have anything on and my usual hard run day which would fit in great as they do speed or endurance sessions that evening on the track with coaches as well as several standards of road groups ranging from people going out for a gentle 3 or 4 mile jog/walk , through 5 or 6 mile steady running right up to the 10  mile 'head-bangers'. In the summer months many of these groups prefer to head off-road into the nearby countryside and hills.

They have a junior section and I would like to get my kids running regularly too. They have a school running club in the milder months and an annual schools race which they have done for the last couple of years (and loved!). My youngest daughter shows a real talent for distance running (my sister was a cross country legend at school) and my eldest boy runs like a train too. They take kids from 8 upwards, which will annoy my youngest but in 18 months time it could become a family evening!

Anyway, that's another thing to add to my 2013 list. I may go along next Wednesday evening and see what it's like. They have a free taster session so can't do any harm.

24/12/2012 at 14:03

Just Run - that sounds perfect!! I have to run on my own 99% of the time, being surrounded by family doing something you all love is a magical thing and is very hard to find! Get stuck in!!

Hi peeps, had a little time to myself today before it all kicks off so headed out for a "until you get bored" run

Very wet and windy and was crashing on and off throughout the run, think I just pushed it a little after a long break.

Any who, 15 miles done and went and checked out a slightly modified route which was nice.

Well I say "nice" what I really mean is, a very water logged ex gravel pit that just one bloody great big hill of sand, mud and well lets call it a stream down the middle! Top shelf! ha ha ha

Tough one today and I struggled abit so I stopped off in a bike shop on the way back to grab some sport beans and ended up having a chat for about 15 minutes.

Supprising information what I got home was that even though I had stopped for 15 minutes my average time was still about 13 minutes!!!

No idea how I did that as the whole run really wasn't that great, ho hum, ill take it though!! ha ha ha!

Ive attached a link to the run today for those of us that enjoy the numbers....

15 miles of grit and sh..

2013 - 698.76 (soooo close to 700 for the year!!)

Edited: 24/12/2012 at 14:06
25/12/2012 at 01:45
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a great break!
25/12/2012 at 09:22

Happy Christmas everyone

27/12/2012 at 14:17

Hi everyone, Merry Christmas to you.

Completely failed with my daily run bid (the wife persuaded me to take a Christmas break). I ended up having 3 days off and to be honest I wish I’d run Christmas eve as I felt really lethargic for doing absolutely bugger all that day. Onwards and upwards though.

B2B, doesn’t look like my daughter is keen on joining the running club. Such a shame as she (unlike me) has natural ability. The wife is also against me joining, it seems sharing an interest causes nothing but problems, especially having kids as we’re unable to run together.  Had a ‘no plans’ run myself today, although nowhere near your 15 miler. Just the 5 for me, nice and steady, got going and ½ mile into the run decided to do 5 at whatever seemed a nice steady pace. Anyway, finished in 47:15. Very pleased as that was only a touch quicker than easy. Thought for a minute you were going to say you’d bought a bike to ride home lol

Good on you for smashing that 700 mile barrier! (I’m waiting for your ‘just the 20 today’ post to confirm this milestone!).

Anyway, nice steady 5 today and actually bumped into (not literally) three other runners today. One woman, although quite a bit younger than me, had quite possibly the worst running action I’ve ever seen.  Think drunk, falling sideways, yet moving forwards during the world gurning championships! Not a pretty sight. I hope I do not look that bad? She was followed by a tight wearing speed freak with mp3 which obviously meant he had complete right of way and no intention of acknowledging any runner slower than himself (SMUG GIT). The next one was a chap, although younger than me, in worse shape and clearly not enjoying his post Christmas struggle along the canal (but fair play to him as he did raise a smile despite his pain). I enjoyed passing this runner as it made me feel better about myself. Does that make me a smug git too?

Nice easy run planned for the morning, and I’m going to try to make it a reasonably early one to avoid a confrontation with the wife, although a pre run barny sure has a positive effect on my splits!

Today 5

December 35.69

2012 - 421.77

27/12/2012 at 15:18

I know all about that - I have agreed with my wife that I won't run until Sunday (but will have had a week off by then - it is difficult to balance family life with running - which as you know is why I run at stupid o'clock and don't race as often as I would like (or as far). (get all your goals out the way B2B before a wedding and children come along!!!!)

Hopefully I will benefit from a week off - also got a £50 Sportsdirect voucher so a trip to SD beckons to see if there is anything I need!!!! to re-kindle that enthusiasm!!!

Happy days

31/12/2012 at 15:27

Afternoon all

Been nearly 4 months since I posted last and the reason is - i gave up

Ashamed of myself as was doing well. But sitting her full of Christmas indulgence I know I must get back into this, 13st now and thats too heavy for me, feel very unfit. So intend to start out agaon on Monday next.

Must forget about past "glories" and treat this as being a new runner.

Hope you all had a good xmas and glad to see your all running well

Edited: 31/12/2012 at 15:28
31/12/2012 at 15:31

Well, I haven't been for a run for a week now so that's certainly a long enough break! A nice vomiting bug putting paid to Thursday and Fridays run. I really didn't feel great yesterday morning either despite getting up at 7am to run and doing my pre run stretches I just didn't feel like I had any energy so knocked the run on the head. This morning I woke early, got my shorts on, stretched and ran straight to.....the loo. Not good. Thonk the worst is over with and had some toast and tea so fingers crossed for a new year run tomorrow!

Happy new year to you all

01/01/2013 at 15:45

Happy New Year everybody!!

Welcome back again 3:30! Its just a break don't worry about it!

Just Run - Ah man that sucks! hope you feel better soon!

Well I still haven't been for a run yet since my 15 mile post but on the up side my Achilles is feeling pretty good and well rested so I guess the Christmas break came at just the right time!

So nice rest over and now its time to get focused!

I WILL smash every single PB I set last year and push my limits.....a lot this year!

I cant think of a better thread to be on than this one and I would just like to take a small mushy moment to thank you all for the last years postings! Thanks to all  of you for your advice and humour along the way! I cant believe I joined this thread on the 10/11/2011!!!

Here's to many more!

Happy running peeps!

Edited: 01/01/2013 at 15:50
01/01/2013 at 16:55

Happy New Year guys!

I haven't run since 30th Oct but it's time to get back on the horse. I managed 245miles in 2012 which, all things considered, is an achievement I am quite proud of. I feel it could have been more however and am targeting 365 miles in 2013.

So glad the usual faces are still here and doing so well.

I look forward to catching up with you all soon.

The garmin has charged so let's do this

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.