Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

2,461 to 2,480 of 7,324 messages
18/01/2013 at 16:21

+1 for the sock mittens B2B, you're starting to surge ahead already after that 10 mile run.

Grendel, I know what you mean, half way through my run today I wondered if i would need to lose a toe or two. I wondered if i would grind to a halt and get burried under a snow drift. Then I told myself to shut the hell up, get moving and started chanting to myself, something along the lines of...."run fat boy, run fat boy, run fat boy run". It certainly got me back into a rythym and my form and pace both improved.

No 5am run today, it was far too dangerous to go out in the dark with all the snow. I wasn't to be stopped though, so out i went as soon as i finished work. One very wet, cold run later and my feet were like blocks of ice. Fantastic run though and thoroughly enjoyed it.

2013 - 22.11

18/01/2013 at 18:47

Just realised I got my numbers wrong - I'm 47 not 48. What a donut! 

19/01/2013 at 00:56
Ha ha ha Grendel oh I see it was just due to not wearing them!

Lol lulusmum! Too funny!

JR - yeah they worked great! I really should be alot further ahead than I am right now but hey I can't change that so ill just keep on keeping on!
19/01/2013 at 09:21

Not feeling too bad about not being able to run at the moment. Not easy to get here anyway, as the picture taken 100 yards from my house shows

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/735578/gallery/snow_gate_jan_13.jpg?width=350

Only 3 ways to get here, 2 closed and one just about passable. Due to be snowing for most of today as well.

19/01/2013 at 11:02

You have serious snow HBHB - only about 6 inches here but enough that I had to walk home from work last night. Just under an hours' walk but good work out for the legs as quite deep in places.

Took the plunge and have booked in to Batllefield 10k (March 17) and Stanwick 10k Easter Monday. No more excuses now and I will be religously ticking off the boxes on 8 week schedule which starts Tuesday. May well be treadmill miles for now but guess that's okay. I think I train better with a specific goal. What races have you guys got lined up?

Hope everyone has a great weekend and that you have plenty of supplies in HB2B

19/01/2013 at 12:13
Wow hrhb that's bad!

We have about 6 inches here too but I have 2 major supermarkets about a mile away so its all gravy!

Nice plan lulusmum, I'm the same way, my training is alot better with a target.
I have the North West Downs 50 in May which is the only thing I have booked at the moment. Toying with the idea of London to Brighton In September

Really want to run today but the risk of injury is just to high and with my big one coming up I just can't risk it
19/01/2013 at 14:15

Halfrunner, that's no excuse!

Lulusmum, just found my target race, The Honiton Hippo. It's 7 miles all terrain with plenty of mud, sweat and tears....and two rivers. Should be fun, got twelve weeks to get ready so planning a schedule now

19/01/2013 at 14:29

Sounds wicked JR!!

Could I ask abit of a favour?

Ive just started my first blog and wondered if you guys would check it out and let me know what you think?!

http://cardiosaurus.blogspot.co.uk/

Suprise suprise its all about running!

Please let me know if the font is ok, colours and most of all if its worth carrying on!  

19/01/2013 at 15:18

JR Hontion Hippo looks like great fun and a good challenge. Shame it's so far away from me or would have like to try it.

B2B - more than just a dream for you, you are actually signed up for it. Would be interested in seeing your training schedule for the 50. Love the planning of training and statistics so will be devouring everyones garmin posts. I have one myself but rubbish at the IT stuff. Maybe that can be another aim for me - work out how to get runs from garmin to laptop!!! Had a look at your blog B2B, loved content, especially instruction not to forget to smile (i smiled instantly) and loved the colours but would just add that the little links on the right were a little difficult to see green on the green. Now, I am 47 (and as we have established, not 48) but my eyesight is not the best so that could just be an individual thing.

Been reading through back pages of blog, gosh, some of you have been on here a while. Feel like I know you all a bit better now and I love how much you all share your thoughts and dreams and encourage each other.

19/01/2013 at 15:30

JR - have you taken part in that sort of race before and again, am interested in your training schedule. Do you do lots off road? 

19/01/2013 at 15:53
Thanks lulusmum the green on green is a good point maybe orange?

This thread has been a great source of inspiration to all of us and long may it continue!

The Garmin isn't too bad to get the hang of, try YouTube if you get stuck

As to the training plan, its more of a guideline than a plan but I will post it when I have the PC on just doing this from my phone
19/01/2013 at 18:45

Thanks B2B, and yes, I reckon orange would be a good choice

19/01/2013 at 18:47
Updated now
19/01/2013 at 21:41

Great site there B2B - what you are not telling the guys here is your other life, the band and music - yes B2B is one hell of a talented muscian too!!!!

19/01/2013 at 22:00
Good site B2B all bookmarked on my phone ????
Luckily our snow has melted and tomorrows run should be fine, just east coast winds to deal with, hate it cos my eyes always well up even with glasses or contacts just from it being cold - roll on summer!

Sounds like you all have sone good goals and ha sone good runs lately ????
19/01/2013 at 22:00

hello

20/01/2013 at 12:53
Thanks Grendel!
Thanks everyone for checking it out and I shall do my best to update a lotand keep it interesting!

As Grendel has mentioned I'm also in Midday Morning, we are pretty easy to find and have 8 free tracks on the main site. Have a poke around the interweb and plenty ye shall find!
snowed again last night so I can't really get out again but it gives me more time to think about the blog
20/01/2013 at 14:58

Snow stops play yet again, though no still no where near as bad as HRHBs patch! Just not happy driving in the snow but managed to get lift to gym so got a bit of a run in this morning, steady 10k in 58mins. Big pot of lentil soup made and a cherry bakewell sponge in the oven so the rest of the afternoon will be spent looking through back copies of Runners World and thining about miles ahead to cover this year.Thanks for tiip off Grendel about B2Bs other skills, will check out Midday Morning, Love a good tune. 

Hello to MicknPhil. 

21/01/2013 at 09:30

Hi B2B,

I took a look at your blog and you may want to consider your colour choices, especially in the right hand column. As this is tansparent the orange font on a green background would be very hard for a colourblind person to read. It is estimated that up to 10% of people may have this problem.

There is a site http://colorfilter.wickline.org where you can test your site. I tried it with yours but it eliminated the green background on your main column, but you can still see how the colours would look to someone who is colourblind.

21/01/2013 at 10:34

Thanks HRHB thats a really good point thank you! That filter is amazing! Just need to work out the most friendly colours and update it

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.