Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

2,561 to 2,580 of 7,324 messages
06/02/2013 at 15:13

ha ha ha Grendel you will beat me im sure! Mine so far is just on the treadmill!

24.26 is my new target then!  

Another 40 mile week?! This should be my kind of posts ha ha ha 200 already?! Man I need to get my ass out the door!

Maybe we should set up a SAFTB meeting? Team colours anyone? 

06/02/2013 at 18:11

Anything except red...

06/02/2013 at 21:10

Or Blue!!!!!!

06/02/2013 at 21:30
Or pink....
06/02/2013 at 22:46
Ha ha ha green?

Headed out with socks and calf compression on. Calf compression gone before the second mile, socks gone at the third. Really nice run after that ha ha ha
Finished 10 in 1.57...not bad seeing as the start wasn't great

2012 - 66.93
In your face 60
07/02/2013 at 09:32

Well done - B2B good running there the long runs getting longer each time -

20 times 1 minute this morning with 1 minute recovery - warm up and down - garmin said 5.97 miles so rounded it up!!!!!

Very cold - just managed to catch hold of a railing before going a*se over t*t on the ice!!!!! slowed my efforts down a bit after that!!!

Happy days.

07/02/2013 at 12:27

Close one Grendel!!

Yeah im trying to get into doing more 10`s, its long enough for a good run but short enough that I feel rested to do it again after one day rest 

07/02/2013 at 12:50

Whats trhe longest run you a planning ahead of May?

07/02/2013 at 13:09

Went out today 20 days after my calf injury. Did a good stretch warm up then aimed for an easy 3 miles. All was going well for 2.5 miles then got a bit of a pain in the calf. It felt more like it was tight, rather than the sudden pain I got when I first got the injury and during my aborted comebacks.

I stopped and did a few stretches then walked a bit. It then seemed OK so I tried a light jog but after about 100 yards it was feeling tight again so I walked the last quarter mile home.

I'm hoping its just tightness from not running for a month, and now, an hour after the run its only a slight twinge.

Maybe I need to do some work on the calf, but I have been loathe to risk aggravating it since the injury. Anyone tried using a grid massage roller Some people seem to swear by them (others at them).

Plan is doing plenty of stretches and then run again on Saturday.

07/02/2013 at 16:44

Back in the day when they first came out, (about 1993) I used one of those massage things, but didnt find it particulalry helpful. Maybe, rather than doing 3 try a slightly shorter run then gradually build it up as the calf gets stronger.

07/02/2013 at 17:32

Grendel - 28 maybe 30?

HRHB - A rolling pin works really well! No kidding, have a look on youtube!

Another thing you could try is calf compression, its great after a run

08/02/2013 at 09:20

6 miles done, fairly steady as it is still quite icy, I am not using the head torch as I currently have two choices, the head torch or my hat!!! Hat it is!!!!!!, Kenyan Hills tomorrow morning - happy days!!!!!

08/02/2013 at 14:41

Finally......a run! Feeling much better the last couple of days, think i've almost completely got rid of this bug that's been hanging on rather annoyingly. Got home from work and ran a nice easy 5k in 30:02. I did pick the pace up a little over the last mile but kept things steady and now raring to go.

2013 - 32.49

10/02/2013 at 09:43

Two posts in a row!!! That's more like it!!!

Very easy, very wet, very muddy 5 miles taken care of. +1 for my Helly Hansen baselayer, it's fantastic in warm, cold, and now wet conditions.

2013 - 37.51

10/02/2013 at 11:28

Great to see you out there again JR! Well done!

I had a nice 6.3 yesterday night with W2B (wife to be) on her new bike!
Nice 11 min average, good times!

2013 - 73.26

Edited: 10/02/2013 at 11:35
10/02/2013 at 13:17

Just Run - Know how you feel finally getting out running again.

Just did a little 1 3/4 mile run today after a warm up of making 25 beds and vaccing 10 rooms.. 1st mile on the road and then a run through the snow on the golf course. Calf felt OK just slightly heavy by the end. Just sticking with short runs and building up.

Decided to try a roller, or as I have seen it described 'the orange roller of death'. Should be here soon, I will report back on how it goes. I have always had quite tight muscles and the nearest I have ever been able to get towards touching my toes, is about mid calf.

Snow starting to fall again and looks like it will get heavier as the day goes on. Will our 20 arrivals get here before the snow gates close. If not it's only abaout an 90 mile diversion!

10/02/2013 at 13:42

Thanks B2B, really enjoyed the run this morning. I have some catching up to do

HRHB, that's some warm up! Think you're doing the right thing taking it slowly. The weather situation must be frustrating too.

10/02/2013 at 19:09
Hello all.

Glad to hear that the runs went well, snow allowing. Managed another 5k yesterday, it was just great to be out .

Had a little trot barefoot around the school car park and at the end of my 5k, it's definitely helping me to be lighter on my feet.

Just finished Eat and Run, food for thought ( no pun intended!) Nails.....100miles with a broken toe? Hmmm, I might manage 100m, then again, I've never tried.

Happy running all.
11/02/2013 at 09:43

Well done all,  glad the leg held up HRHB but as the snow starts to fall must be getting difficult to get out running. Still not sure about running barefoot - I want to be able to run tomorrow, which may be difficult with stitches and bits of broken glass - will stick with my New Blances for the time being I think.

Well Kenyan Hills again Saturday morning, which with warm up and warmdown accounted for 5.06 miles - Was a bit tired then Sunday but managed to plod my way through a 9 mile run, which was my longest run since 20th June 1999 (when I did a 16!!! off road run) - I did find int hard going, but I did cheat a bit - where we live is on a triangle between 3 bigger roads, which has numerous roads going backwards and forwards. So I ran up and down all of these, and then back again which meant by the time I headed out on my 5 mile route I had already got 4 miles in the bank without ever having been more than a mile from home!!!! - I think I can honestly say I couldn't have a run another step!!!!

I was a bit dubious about going out this morning, but was able to run an easyish 6 miles so a good start to the week.

2013: 207:32

11/02/2013 at 11:01

FREAKIN SNOW AGAIN!?!?  Man, I really don't need anymore snow! Spanner in the works again....uh!  I have to find a way around this!

Nice running everyone! So glad that everyone is doing well!

Gammineez - Great book eh?! He is an entire case of nuts but I get a lot of inspiration from him. Nice one for the barefoot as well! Do you find it helps as a reminder when you have shoes on?

Grendel - Well done on the long stuff!! So when is your first Ultra? 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.