Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

2,641 to 2,660 of 6,965 messages
20/02/2013 at 19:22

B2B, I’m assuming as an Ultra man you own a back pack? Yaktrax and trainers to the trail, sandals on once there and away you go!!! ps I know what you mean about other threads…

3:30………..Welcome back……you’ll be racking the miles up in no time! It may take you a little longer to scan over those old training notes mind!?!

Grendel, nice pyramid session. Looking at those figures fills me with fear. Love the REST/IGNORE reasoning. How gutting to have lost all that running history

Ok, after reading all that I’m going to start planning my own……Marathon. Sod trying to get into London, I’m going to plan something a little different. During the bad weather a few months back the Great Western Canal burst its banks…….. Weather-Great-Western-Canal-breaches-its-banks . The repair, which could cost £3-£5m has been sanctioned but I thought I could do my bit by raising some money towards it myself. I run along stretches of the canal all the time. I cycle along it to get to work when the weathers nice and my family and I are regularly going for a stroll along its banks.  Friends of the Grand Western Canal have a site which may interest those of you with time on your hands. I am going to write them an email and ask if they would like to support me if I offer to run along the canal to try to raise some funds. The canal is 11 miles long so maybe an out and back route would be a good idea, or if people sponsor me per mile I may even push to that magic 26.2??? I’ll let you know what happens but thought if I put it in writing here it will push me to do something positive, and stop hitting that snooze button on my alarm!

Anyway, nice easy 5 miles at 5am this morning. One BIG smug grin on my face as I cycled to work knowing the runs in the bag. AC Milan v Barcelona looks an attractive proposition tonight. Happy running all.

2013 – 51.01…………50 up for the year, yippee!!!

20/02/2013 at 21:05

Just Run

Thats a good cause good luck with it. Looking forward when I can do 5 hopefully byJuly time

20/02/2013 at 21:15

The pack is in the post! I run with basically a bum bag at the moment, I know, I know, how cool am I eh?! Sandals AND a bum bag, im the epitome of sexy! 

Yeah could work if im really stuck! 

Nice plan JR!!!! I think doing your own one in some way is even more satisfying as in the nicest way, no one gives a s*%^ except for the most import person, you!

If it wasnt so freakin far I would join you! Well done on the 50!!!!

Right! Inspired by Grendels fast stuff I thought I would give my myself a damn good thrashing!

10 miles of speedwork should do it eh?!  Set a new PB for my usual route which is now down to 1.37.56! YAY! knocked 6 minutes off!

for the number hungry

Really pleased with that and it was really really cold out there tonight!

2013 - 106.36 in your face 100! 

20/02/2013 at 21:30

Thanks 330, you'll be there soon enough.

Nice run B2B, those last couple of miles you really picked up the pace. Nice easy mile to settle in and BOOM!

21/02/2013 at 09:19

Thanks JR! Yeah I always use at least the first mile sometimes as many as 3 to get nice and warm then if everything feels fine, open the taps a bit! Yeah the last couple was when I guess I was ready to get home! It was really cold last night!

21/02/2013 at 15:31

3:30 - As I'm in Scotland too (The Cairngorms) I know what you mean about the cold. Still enjoy going out in it though.

B2B - I was looking at the xero shoes you recommended. I might get a pair for river crossings when I'm walking. I often carry a pair of sandals but they are quite bulky. I could put those in the pack and not notice they were there.

Instead of a run, today I did a 10 mile walk in the hills. Lots of crunchy snow to work the legs. Never got above -1 and an eye-watering wind made it feel much colder. Good walk through 3 glens and reached 1600ft. Never saw another person all day. When the snow has gone it will make a good long running route.

21/02/2013 at 17:20

nice walk HRHB! Yeah the xero look pretty good, im not fully convinced by the sole just yet, I got my mum some for christmas and had a good nose over them! Im not really sure who makes the sole but they are not vibram, hence the price really. They are however really light and I think would be great for walking of getting started on the sandal running

21/02/2013 at 20:02

HRHB

That sounds a good walk I love walking but the wife hates exercise !! Back out for another very cold 2.6. today

Feb 5.2

2013 5.2

22/02/2013 at 08:57

Make sure you wrap up people it is really cold out there today! 

22/02/2013 at 11:09

wow wow wow!!! I just got an email back from xero and they are sending me a pair to review!!!  I like free stuff ha ha ha!

22/02/2013 at 14:11

HRHB - so how would you like me to go about adding your link to my blog? 

22/02/2013 at 17:51

Hi all, will have a catch up later….

5k today, easy 2 miles to warm up then 10 x 30 seconds with 30 second recovery, averaged 7 ½ m/m during the intervals. Nice slow 10k planned Sunday.

2013 – 54.11

22/02/2013 at 22:50

nice one JR have a good one on sunday!

23/02/2013 at 14:56

Totally agree about the warm up phase B2B, I’ve been on runs and only got going 5 or 6 miles into them! The first two miles, otherwise known as the doggydoo miles, are simply there to get rid of any cobwebs, aches and pains before you settle into a proper rhythm. My breathing also settles down after  this initial period.  PS. Could you please forward an email to Saucony on my behalf, a pair of Hurricane 10’s in a 9 will do nicely! J

HRHB, it was a (mild) -5 the other morning when I went out, I must say I rather enjoy it when its chilly. That ten mile walk sounds  great , there’s something quite special about travelling that kind of distance yet not setting eyes on another human being.

Just returned from coaching my lads football team this morning. They had a cup quarter final match against our local rivals……..and won 4-0! We lost our star goalkeeper to injury before the game and up stepped my lad, much to my wifes horror to take the gloves and save the day. Just before half time, with the game perfectly poised for a grandstand second half  a long ball came into the box, the ball was met on the volley at the far post and an outstretched arm tipped the ball away from the goal line. It landed at their strikers feet but he was denied by another goal line save before the ball was cleared. Four twenty yard screamers later and they’re in the semi finals.

Anyway, 10k easy tomorrow before I coach my daughters team. Lets hope they can make it a double!

Happy running everyone…

25/02/2013 at 09:57

ha ha ha JR ill see what I can do!  

25/02/2013 at 22:39

2 hours and 26 minutes later....13 very chilly miles in the bag!

Tonight's discovery, chia and ribena work so well together! Its like a blackcurrant smoothie!! 

Cardiosaurus is now on Twitter for all you tweet fans! 

https://twitter.com/cardiosaurus

2013 - 119.36

25/02/2013 at 23:15

Good 6 mile run along Glen Ey yesterday. Started at about 1200' and reached 1500' before turning back. I think I need to rethink the day I do my longer run. Doing it on a Sunday and then running the show single handed on Monday and Tuesday is not a good idea. 

Glorious weather here at the moment with clear blue skies all day. The temperature is dropping like a stone tonight though. -6 allready, expecting it to drop further.

My calf is now fine but Mrs HRHB has now come down with a calf injury. Hers was done line dancing though.

B2B - I see you are trying to get sorted with Twitter and your blog. Take a look at some of the lynda.com video courses. They do a 7 day free trial. I have used several of them. I will send you something through to set up a link for your blog.

26/02/2013 at 10:24

HRHB - thanks! I shall have a look over youtube as well and see what I can dig up

Nice run as well!

26/02/2013 at 15:21

Tough gym sesh today, did weights.

300 reps, tired arms

26/02/2013 at 21:37
Hello all,

How's it all going? It was a quiet run week last week but today I managed a 5k in 29minutes feeling pretty chuffed!

I like the idea of the canal run JR

And I know that you posted the qu a while back but I don't mind the blog link on your posts B2B....hope your arms work tomorrow
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.