Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

2,741 to 2,760 of 7,096 messages
17/03/2013 at 11:14

morning 3:30

17/03/2013 at 11:32

Glad to see everyone running well and good luck to Nick at London

Going through a bad patch and not getting out much. My problem is that I am inpatient, I want to be going out and running longer distances and am having trouble motivating myself to get all the gear on just to go out for a couple of miles !!

Still gotta stick at it.

17/03/2013 at 11:36

3:30, i think we all know where you're coming from there. I guess it happens to us all. I have struggled for a while now. Sometimes its a slight lack of motivation, other times life simply doesn't allow for that 'me' time whenever I want it. I am really trying to get used to this 5am running lark and with the weather getting much milder and mornings lighter i'm hoping it will stick

17/03/2013 at 11:42

On the plus side, a new pair of Saucony Triumphs are on their way to me! I reckon there are plenty of miles left in my current shoes but they are on sale and I will alternate between the two pairs. A nice new pair of shorts are coming too as mine have more holes than a pub football teams back four. I've gotten away with wearing them in the dark but there may be complaints now its getting lighter!

17/03/2013 at 11:43

Running at 5am !! good for you mate

I look back at when I was regularly running halfs and full marathons and they were great days I was fit and healthy so I cant see why I cant motivate myself.

17/03/2013 at 11:43

3:30, do you have a race entry at the moment? Apologies if you have already stated this but i've lost track of the thread a little recently and it moves on so quick...

17/03/2013 at 11:44

......oh....and welcome Nick. All the best for London

17/03/2013 at 11:48

Maybe something different is need 3:30? I have become a little bored with road running. I still love running around the lanes and will do the Taunton 10k again this year all being well but i have started looking for a little extra with the events I want to do. I have a friend who has just started running and he's entering road races, city half mara's etc but I don't see the attraction like I used to.

How about something a little more multi terrain? Maybe something with the odd river crossing or a hilly road race?

Something that is guaranteed to give you a new pb (as you may have never done it before) or just a race where the time is not the most important thing. Something to renew your enthusiasm.

17/03/2013 at 11:54

I'm not running today, despite the fact i've just watched four runners pass my place along the canal tow path and almost ran across the fields to join them!

I feel great this morning after yesterdays run and my alarm will be set for 4:50am Monday morning to get my fix.

I also participate in the RW monthly challenge ... http://challengefetch.voodoonation.co.uk/index.php

Theres around 30 of us still going (people get deleted each month when they fail to run) since January. I'm currently bottom of the table but you set your own personal target and you're part of the RW team against the Fetchies. Just a bit of fun but seeing my runs added to the calendar does inspire me to improve a little each month and hopefully get back to running 25+ mile weeks

17/03/2013 at 11:56

Anyway, hope you find that little spark to get you out the door 3:30, i have to go and clean my bike ready for next weeks daily commute to work.

Keep Running!

17/03/2013 at 12:02

...Started a new book too, The Memory Of Running by Ron McLarty. Its a novel, and not about running but came up when I was searching running books on Amazon.

By all accounts, especially his own, Smithson "Smithy" Ide is a loser. An overweight, friendless, chain-smoking, forty-three-year-old drunk, Smithy's life becomes completely unhinged when he loses his parents and long-lost sister within the span of one week.

Rolling down the driveway of his parents' house in Rhode Island on his old Raleigh bicycle to escape his grief, the emotionally bereft Smithy embarks on an epic, hilarious, luminous, and extraordinary journey of discovery and redemption.

So far....so very good. Not what I was looking for but i'm glad I found it.

17/03/2013 at 14:10
Hi all. Back from my Sunday run, 12and bit miles along the seafront at Herne Bay with a bit of sun, a bit of drizzle and lots of seagulls. Now waiting for my 3 year old grandson to come round to play cars, best recovery method I know. Thanks for all the good wishes, it feels like I'doing the right stuff, aiming finish under 6 hours and well on line so far. I have just re-read an old book by Tom McNabb a fiction called Flanagan Run about an attempttoorganise a race across the USA back in the depression, good running read.
17/03/2013 at 18:03

Just Run - Some really interesting reading there! Good finds! I guess the answer is...well...run whenever ha ha ha!

Welcome Nick!

Good to see you guys posting again! Takes the pressure off of me and Grendel LOL! 

Finally got my Ultimate Direction AK vest!! Sooooo excited to try it out! Still resting at the moment but will probably head out for a cheeky 6 or so tomorrow. The TP100 is coming up next weekend so my brother in law is getting ready for that, im going to try and get about 15 maybe 20 miles in as pacing support so this week is going to be about rest and fuel.

Hopefully that also means that my leg will be fine after that as well and I get get into some serious miles as May is getting closer!

My blog has hit 644 views now!  seems to be getting along quite well!

cardiosaurus.blogspot.co.uk

Happy running all and I shall catch up at work tomorrow....bangers and mash awaits!

17/03/2013 at 20:22

B2B, I would concede that for performance, late afternoon is the time to hit your pb by the looks of things. An AK vest? That sounds like something the afghan freedom fighters should wear!

Nick, just bought Flanagans Run on Amazon for the grand sum of £2.81....Bargain!

18/03/2013 at 07:58

Just Run

No I havent got a race entry but am raging !!

Last year was watching our local half here in Helensburgh (done it just once in a disappointing 2 hours) and decided to get fit to do it again as was starting to run a bit again.

Was praying it would be a week earlier in 2013 as we had a Holiday booked for 1/8 and that was the date it was run in 2012, well, you guessed it it was while we were on Hols !!

Disappointed so let the running slip, but now we have had to change our holiday dates as our friends daughters having baby so we put it back 2 weeks. This means I could have done the race this year but no way will I be fit for it

But been reading this forum and gonna go out tonight

Edited: 18/03/2013 at 07:58
18/03/2013 at 09:56

Hi Alll,

First post in this thread.

or bust, go for it.

I had entered the Manchester marathom with all the determinattion going. Yet having had the dreaded bug and agin the flu, plus the weather has been horandous, I have had to admit, I have tried to do too much.

I have recently realised that this marathon does not have ahalf marathon to sliide into  to, if training is going sluggishly.

So I'm not starting totally at the beginning,, but am consolidating the 15 miles I can walk jog, and build up on the Park Runs 10k and half marathons.

Hopeyour all okay?

18/03/2013 at 10:36

JR - Well thats when I have broken all of mine! Then again I dont run in the morning so for a fair experiment I should really give it a go!

lol indeed! the AK stands for Anton Krupicka (pronounced Krupitchka) but is is interesting what you find if you just search for an AK vest! 

3:30 - We all slip sometimes it just a test to see who will get back up!

Welcome Sinbad! You could always try and do it anyway? Just aim to finish, you know you can do 15 miles of it already!

18/03/2013 at 14:32

B2B

I am getting back up - but cant go today so tomorrow will be out again. Dongh 2.5 miles now at 11 min pace !!!!!!

Would love to do Loch Ness in under 4 so a tad ambitious I think !!

18/03/2013 at 15:53

Well done! How did you find it at 11 minute miles? 11 minute miles would get you round in just under 5 hours if it was the marathon you were talking about? 

You will always run harder on race day! It achievable to go sub 4 but will just take a little time to build up the speed. Mixing up your long slow runs with some speed work will help loads.

Try to run all of your long slow runs about 30 seconds a mile slower than your intended race pace and on the day you will be good to go!

18/03/2013 at 18:00

Got down to 9 min miles when I was running "regularly" last year

11 mins miles now although slow is hard work !!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.