Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

2,801 to 2,820 of 7,265 messages
25/03/2013 at 22:05

B2B thats a great read and hope the bother in law is OK now.

There was an American guy who had a web site who used to do these 24 hour race things around tracks, was a great read as he used to post daily. Cant for the life of me remember the name of it. Was brilliant read and wish I could remember the name its bugging me now so if anyone here knows what it was let me know !!

Almost embarrases me to put this now but was out again for anotehr 2.6 today. One thing I have learned on this comeback is its going to take a while !!

March 7.8 miles

2013 13 miles 

25/03/2013 at 23:08
Well done 3.30! Never ever be embarrassed, you are running for you and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!
26/03/2013 at 09:28

Not feeling very positive for Braintree - my left hamstring and the ice has pretty much put paid to any form of speed work for a few weeks now and the extra mileage I have run has knocked the stuffing out of my legs - I am running every other day now in hopes that I can get some bounce back and eating Nurofen like smarties!!!!

3:30 as B2B says don't be embarrased - it does take a while to get back but it is worth it.

26/03/2013 at 11:52

The hard work is done Grendel maybe a sports massage to fix the leg? Im looking into getting one.

Just ordered some ninja tabi boots as a new running experiment!  I figure they have all the right stuff...light, thin, built in gators, feels like a sandal but with covering and wont get sucked off my feet in the mud! On paper the perfect choice for winter, in reality?

26/03/2013 at 12:19

B2B

You are actually going to run in these?

26/03/2013 at 12:30

oooooooooooooooooooo yes!

26/03/2013 at 12:39

Just found a really interesting article regarding tabi...

http://www.tofugu.com/2012/12/12/tabi/

26/03/2013 at 15:08

Cant be much cushioning in those mate ? think I will stick to the old Mizuno wavr inspire.

But really intersting artivle there

26/03/2013 at 15:25

Be careful when you run in them - you'll be leaving some strange footprints out in the wilds of Hertfordhire!! SKy News will be out there with film crews looking for Pan.

26/03/2013 at 16:14

ha ha ha I love that idea Grendel! 

3:30 well I already run in sandals so cushioning is the last thing I look for Im just really interested in trying them out! Ive never once caught a ninja running so they must be damn fast! 

26/03/2013 at 16:59

B2B

I used to work near Leavesden Studios you round that way?

Actually tempted to go out tonigh but gonna stick with my every other day routine for a bit. Want to make sure this comeback is done propely. No need to rush

Edited: 26/03/2013 at 17:00
27/03/2013 at 09:53

Not too far, im in the sunny Borehamwood

Good plan!

27/03/2013 at 15:35

Hi all,

Ran 8.5 miles yesterday which was the first run for nearly a week. Looking forward to getting out some day soon with the temperature above zero. Today is now the 12th day of snow.

On Monday I had a good walk round the local woods. The snow was more than knee deep in places and it certainly gave the legs a good workout. looks like it will be a while before i can run the trails again.

Another trip to the dentist this morning to get some more work done for the implants. All being well it will all be finished in 3 weeks time. I have had to wear a denture since before Xmas and I'm fed up of it. I spend most of the time without 4 front teeth rather than wear it.

Hope you get sorted for your race Grendel its been a lot of work getting this far.

3:30 - We were all in your position not so long ago, one day you will get over the hump and it will all seem so much easier

B2B - You're becoming a gear junkie, you may need help. Hope the massage helps your aches and pains

27/03/2013 at 16:02

HRHB - ha ha ha I think you may have a point there! My blog seems to be my therapy....or maybe it is the cause?

With HRHB`s comment in mind lets have a breakdown of gear you own....

Luna sandals, Xero shoes, merrell trail gloves, vibram five fingers, injinji socks, ronhil leggins, nike dry fit shorts, raceready shorts, 2x hind running tops, nike dry fit full length top, tech tops erm...x5 I think? compressport calf guards, buff, cold killer gloves, garmin forerunner 110, tresspass bum bag thing, cheap camelback rip off rucksack, Ultimate Direction AK vest, regatta outdoor coat, tresspass head torch.........................

hmmm being able to list that off is a little worrying.....Doctor!

27/03/2013 at 17:51

Only just starting to get back into things from xmas in truth. A combination of work and weather have ensured i've managed to get out the house no more than half a dozen times since xmas.

Drove myself down to the local lake and put in a lap of about a mile and half. Felt really really good. i'll get back into the gym for some weights tomorrow and then Friday make an attempt of one and a half laps of the same lake.

27/03/2013 at 18:25

Back out again today another 2.6 in the bank

HRHB thanks sure it will get easier. Weather seems really bad your way we get flurries most days but nothing that lies.

Gareth - I used to like to drive down to the seafront and run along there but since my daughter wrote the car off I am car-less. Although its only a mile away its down a massive hill and I am in no shape to run up the bl**dy thing !! One day maybe !!

March 10.4

2013 15.6

Edited: 27/03/2013 at 18:42
27/03/2013 at 21:41
Only just over 3 weeks to London now. Went out with my son last night and it was cold, no snow for us in the South East since small fall at the weekend. Then ran 4 miles to the gym which felt good, then weights in there.

3.30 you''ll get back there.
B2B sounds more like a shop, I''ve one pair of Brooks, one hi-vis windproof top and a wooly hat. Oh and normal t shirts.
27/03/2013 at 22:10

http://therunningbug.co.uk/default.aspx

Any of you guys on here ?

28/03/2013 at 08:51

welcome to all the new folks and well done for getting back out there!

3:30 - just found one of your targets, get up that hill! Nope not on there, any good?

Nick - ha ha ha yeah its beginning to look that way too! Since moving to the tech tops, running in a normal t shirt feels strange. I tend to soak them and then they are just uncomfortable and cold or in warmer weather I just feel like im suffocating! 

28/03/2013 at 10:09

B2B

Just oined not much different to here really, they do have a bit where you can log your daily miles and it keeps a total of the miles ran and the total time. Also does a weekly league table of what memebers have run how many miles, also got an accumulative one where this shows all miles run since being a member and over how many runs.

I am on there as "making a comeback" how you know it was me ?

The hills massive and a mile long !! OK going down but a bugger to get back up - havent even tried mate maube on day, although we are trying to move at the moment house on market for 20 months now !!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.