Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

2,821 to 2,840 of 7,101 messages
28/03/2013 at 10:36

Make sure you conquer that hill before you move! 

Hmm interesting, I keep my running log on here and on garmin as its all in the watch but sounds pretty good. The colour of the site makes it look like a van hire site ha ha ha

28/03/2013 at 11:15

When you say here do you mean on this forum or elsewhere ?

I have an excel spreadsheet I have set up with graphs erc - I love all the stats !!

28/03/2013 at 11:27

Just on this thread, my overall miles I just tag at the bottom of my post when I have actually done some running ha ha ha!

The rest of my details are just on the garmin site straight from my watch, means I don't have to type anything.

28/03/2013 at 11:31

In fact im gonna post it again as the last time I ran was the 14th!!!  stooopid leg!

2013 - 165.23

28/03/2013 at 11:44

oh ok thats a lie I went out for a 6 on the 20th and forgot to add it!

2013 - 171.23

28/03/2013 at 11:54

Hm giotta bit of catching up to do

Love to log the miles but very consious that I dont want to do to much to soon so may force myself to just stay at 2.6 miles to end of April at least.

What model Garmin you got ? interested in getting one when I have a bit of spare cash (about 3 years time when mortgage is paid at this rate !)

28/03/2013 at 13:42

I've just joined but probably won't use it -

3:30 - I have the Foreunner 110 cost me about £70 on Amazon just before christmas - it is a basic model but does what I need it to do - battery life not brilliant - I charge it twice a week -

28/03/2013 at 13:44

Ive got the forerunner 110, no frills watch really.

It just does time, average, current pace and maps your route. I wasn't really interested in all the other bells and whistles and it was about £90 I think?

The only bad thing I have found about it really is trying to get it to connect is sometimes a pain in the bum as it has this kind of bulldog clip with teeth thing going on and if the connections are wet it doesn't like it. Give it a bloody good dry once you get in and it should be fine.

The 2.6 plan sounds like a good one, though I would say you would be quite safe if you take it slow to start pushing up to 5 and cap it there for a bit. Try something like a 5 mile as your long run, 1 mile of fast stuff and keep doing what your doing with the 2.6

I had to scratch the itch today and do a 5k at the gym. 

Found the culprit to my knee, my hamstring! After the fast stuff that's what hurts. Time to book the deep tissue kicking! 

Surprised myself today as I wasn't expecting to walk away with a 25.45?! 

2013 - 174.33

28/03/2013 at 13:48

ah £70 sounds a bit more like it...

Yeah battery is about 8 hours?

29/03/2013 at 11:51

Hi everyone, hope you all have a great easter and get plenty of runs in to earn those easter eggs. Finally got out for a run this morning. Just the 2 miles in 18:05 (got carried away today!) to blow the cobwebs away in glorious sunshine with a real chill in the air. Even had gloves on today! April will be a big test for me now to try and really get back into it. This month feels like a complete failure but a new pair of shoes (that's what cushioning feels like eh?!?) certainly made todays run enjoyable.

Some very interesting 'new evidence' about early bird running B2B in this months RW.

2013 - 84.97

Edited: 29/03/2013 at 11:51
29/03/2013 at 12:51

Good to see you back out JR

29/03/2013 at 22:14
I shall have to have a read JR, good to see you back!
Had a deep tissue massage today so lets see what the next couple of days brings!

BIL sent me a message today to say the recovery is going well after the tp100 and Heisman doing the SWD50 in 2 weeks! Ha ha ha nutter! He has also mentioned that he just signed up for the enduro brutal 10 in June and maybe I should look at it
1 month after the ndw50 hmm? What do you think guys? How does a nice 10k sound? Ok well laps of 10k............for 12 hours? !
29/03/2013 at 22:17
*he is.....not Heisman! Damn autocorrect! Lol
29/03/2013 at 22:26
I think I''ll stick to the one long run a week, planning 13 to 15 on Easter morning, hopefully have an egg from my grandson after. I can't imagine going any longer than a marathon and if I tried he would tell me off as I am expected to play farms rather than go running!
30/03/2013 at 08:33

B2B....lol @ autocorrect. There's a website somewhere with some hilarious "auto corrected" texts from around the world. I will search for it.

Will have a good read back through what I've missed and catch up with peeps over the weekend.

30/03/2013 at 11:07

ha ha ha Nick that is the most solid excuse I have ever heard for not taking on an ultra! I cant argue with that at all....in fact......where is my farm?! 

JR - http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/ im sure a lot of them are made up but they always make me laugh anyway!

30/03/2013 at 16:40

5.5 miles yesterday on a lovely crisp Winters day, shame its Spring.

Beautiful clear blue sky and white mountains today = lots of happy guests climbing mountains and skiing. -11 last night but no ice on car windscreens as there is no moisture in the air.

Going back to logging miles on a website I have a Garmin Forerunner 410 and use Garmin Connect as a backup but the main site is fetcheveryone.com  More stats than you can throw a stick at and a league table by year and month to motivate you along. You can even log what mileage you run in each pair of shoes.Not sure if it goes up to the number that B2B has though  Both sites can upload wirelessly with the ANT+ stick provided with the HRM.

3:30 If you want a heart rate monitor you could take a look at my website hrm-reviews.com The Garmin Forerunner 410 has just been discontinued and can be picked up from Amazon for about £130

Don't forget to change your clocks tonight.

31/03/2013 at 14:47

I'm sure I will never enter the record books for my running, but I can claim it for the weather. During the night Braemar recorded  -12.5 degrees, which is the coldest Easter temperature ever recorded in the UK, easily breaking the old record of -9.8.

Apparently we also had the coldest 30th and 31st of March on record

Edited: 31/03/2013 at 14:55
01/04/2013 at 09:13

HRHB......did you run in this -12.5? You'd have a running record all of your own if you had!

Nice easy 3 miles this morning. Quite a chilly day again by the looks of things but after reading HRHB's post not sure I can complain! Put our new tent up in the garden yesterday to familiarise myself with it and we all slept in it for the night. Woke up around 7am needing a pee and a run, now I feel great.

As some of you are aware, I coach a youth football team for which my eldest boy plays. The boys reached the cup semi finals recently and after a closely fought match (1-0) have now reached the final. The final itself will be played on Exeter City's St James Park pitch sometime in May. They also played Saturday, winning 5-0 and 3-0. Not bad considering their 40 goal striker was injured and couldn't play!

For a very short time, I am top of the runners world April challenge!

2013 - 88

01/04/2013 at 12:45

JR - No I didn't run, the temperature was in the early hours and then I was working until 2pm, by which time it had reached the dizzying height of 1 degree. Last night was much milder at -8 but we were again the coldest place

Just done a 4.5 mile run this morning and this beautiful weather of clear blue skies is still continuing. There is something good about needing to wear sunglasses again even if its as much for the glare from the snow as it is from the sun.

Lots of our guests this weekend have ended up with very red faces nd hands as they never thought to wear sunscreen when it was so cold.

It might be damn cold up here but running with snow covered mountains all around you takes some beating.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.