Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

2,841 to 2,860 of 7,324 messages
02/04/2013 at 12:01

Sounds amazing HRHB!

I just got a new hat to add to the kit list!  

http://www.sealskinz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=21

Make a bit of noise and the size is a little strange but its bloody warm!

Going for a short run tonight to test the leg out. The back of my knee still isnt great but I will just take it easy and see how it goes.

03/04/2013 at 09:12

5.1 miles for me last night. Did a run/walk (mostly walk) with my sisters boyfriend, hamstring started playing up again at around 4. Lots and lots of stretching needed for me I think.....

2013 - 179.43

03/04/2013 at 13:30

Afternoon all

HRHB - will look at that link, cheers

Just Run - whats the RW challenge ?

Havent been out over Easter due a severe case of lazy Bastarditus. But back on the road again for another 2.6 miles -

03/04/2013 at 20:06

I am having problem with heart pain, when i ever i run about 1 mile . I think my smoking habbit is causing this problem. because i was not smoking i haven't any problem like this. Any body like me having same problem please guide me for the solution  im addicted to cigrattes.

04/04/2013 at 21:14

3:30..... runnersworldmonthlychallenge . I know what you mean about that lazy bastarditus, its extremely contagious! The monthly challenge does help me out the door, although I need another race entry I think to really make me get out of bed in the morning.

B2B, hope that hamstring starts improving soon. Take it easy

John Mike..... its simple..... DON'T SMOKE! I smoked the old cancer sticks for around 20 years and I know how tough it is to quit but if you really want to you will. Exercise will certainly give you an excuse to dump the ciggies as you'll feel much better without them, especially after exercise.

Nice 2 1/2 mile loop while my daughter was at football training. Took it nice and easy into a really strong headwind and picked the pace up gradually as I ran along some less exposed parts of the loop. Finished the last half mile at 8 1/2 m/m so a nice easy one tomorrow before work.

2013 - 90.75

05/04/2013 at 16:23

Two posts in a row.....

Nice easy 2.8 miles back from town this afternoon. The whole family had a dentist check up so I went in my running gear and ran back along the canal. One bloody strong headwind had me almost going backwards at one point! Nice slow 4 miles planned for Sunday morning.

2013 - 93.56

06/04/2013 at 22:12
Managed a total of 22 miles this week, strong headwinds slowed me down on Tuesday but managed 2.4 miles last night in 24 minutes so pleased with that. Hoping for a 15 miler tomorrow now it's actually dry and not snowing, it also lookslikethe wind has stopped blowing in off the north sea for the first-time in a month. Might make it to Whitstable.
Alternative training today putting our potatoes in at the allotment about a month late while my grandson collected worms.
07/04/2013 at 08:48

Nice cross training Nick! And nice mileage for the week. Good on you.

Nice slow 4 miles this morning along country lanes. Beautiful frost this morning and new compression top gets a thumbs up for keeping me nice and snug. Off to do some bowling with the kids today.

2013 - 97.76

07/04/2013 at 09:08

Hi all,

On Thursday I did my first 10 miler since my comeback (about 20 years). Very happy with my time of 1:28:15 and it felt comfortable. All looking good for a sub 2hr half marathon next month.

We have had some beautiful weather this week but its now snowing yet again this morning. Not the birthday present I was wanting. (yes I'm an old git of 52 now)For the hills its showing snow for the next 10 days at least.

Thats all a bit worrying as I have my first 10k race a week today and the road to get there goes to 2100 ft. The race itself is about 1000 ft up in Glenlivet, something tells me it won't be shorts and vest weather.

B2B - I have the SealSkinz hat as well and have worn it a lot over the Winter and for several years on the hils, its just a bit short over the ears. I have now purchased a Merino wool beanie for running which is lovely and warm but very thin (and not waterproof)

Nick - Wish we could put our potatoes out, but our ground is frozen. They are sprouting well in our spare bedroom but I think its going to be at least another month here before we can take them outside.

07/04/2013 at 11:01

HRHB

I take it you run a guest house ?

07/04/2013 at 11:17

3:30 - its a youth hostel

07/04/2013 at 20:42

Will catch up later - but Braintree 5 done 40:14 a bit disappointed but not an easy course so probably worth a bit faster on a flatter course - Got into a race with a guy I knew from the old days, he didn't know we racing - he beat me by over 12 minutes on my return to running 2 years ago so to beat him on the run in was quite pleasing - need to get my hamstring sorted now -

Edited: 07/04/2013 at 20:43
07/04/2013 at 21:28

That's still a great time Grendel! So close to sub 40 but at least you've something to nail next time. Hope you sort your hamstring soon.

08/04/2013 at 12:06

hey everyone glad to see you are all getting out and about!

Well done Grendel thats a great time!

Had a Stag doo from friday and got back yesterday.

15 guys and the Grand National......messy! We were drinking on the train up to Liverpool on friday by 12.30pm, 2pm we arrived and went straight into the nearest pub for another one. Back to the hotel, change and back out. Lots and lots of drink later we stubble back into the hotel...3am...hmmm someone has fallen asleep in his room. The penalty for such a party faux pas was to of coarse lift him and his mattress in to the hallway!  classic! He didnt wake once and was out there for 2 hours before his room mates got worried about a random dude getting a little close to him!

After maybe 2 hours sleep we went to breakfast, got changed and headed for the races. My training this weekend has involved a lot of standing and the Grand National seems to be the occasion we have all been training for as sitting down is not an option. Looooong day of standing then back to the hotel for a quick shower and then its back into town to continue to stand for the rest of the evening.

Another 3am finish in the hotel lobby and maybe 2 hours sleep later, we are back on the train for a nice 2 hour sit down......bliss.

I forced myself to stay awake till 10pm last night then didnt sleep well and now im somehow at work......should have booked the day off.....error 

Oh well...

08/04/2013 at 19:26

Did you win B2B? My mother in law backed the winner.....the one and only time my horse was mentioned was to tell me it had pulled up

08/04/2013 at 20:35

Only in the sense that I made it back alive!!

Strangely enough I only actually won in the sweepstake at work?! I got 3rd and won a fiver! GET IN! Only about £595 down this weekend...result! ha ha ha!

I only bet on the national itself, im not much of a gambler. I put £5 on Seabass, £5 on Teaforthree and £5 on Oscar time (think that was its name?!) Oscar was 50/1 and was in first untill it saw the finish line and decided 4th will do! £255 that would have been!

Oh well this is why I dont gamble, I dont like to loose!

Fought hard to stay awake at work today, went to the gym at lunch to see if some weights would perk me up.....no.....the 5 mile run once I got home however!

Well ok it didnt perk me up as such but it was interesting to run that tired. I figured its gotta help somewhere right? Even if its all mental? (insert mental joke here)

2013 - 184.43

Edited: 08/04/2013 at 20:37
08/04/2013 at 22:39

Hey everyone, just stumbled across this video and thought you guys might be interested....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJWPwVF30yo

Ignore the fact that it is labeled "ironman" and the guy takes way to long to just spit it out, the video I think is very interesting and it also goes into a little bit of physics as well so its not just some dude with a camera! WIN!

Let me know what you think?!

09/04/2013 at 21:22

Will have a look at the link tomorrow B2B, just got back from a very interesting run that was cut short by rescuing a duck!

The poor thing was being pestered by two males and was clearly stuck and couldn't get up the bank. I was over the other side of the canal and thought I couldn't just leave the poor thing to drown as she was clearly distressed and very weak. I ran back along the tow path, over a bridge, along the main road, over a barb wire fence, through a field, up a bank, through some woods and found the duck! She looked like she'd given up by the time I got to her and I lifted her out of the water, putting her down in the field to see how she was but she could barely stand up. She seems ok despite a couple of grazes to her head and back and i'm hoping she will recover with some rest. I carried her home and she is now sprawled out on a bed of hay in my kitchen in a nice big box. She's given herself a good clean and looks much better and livelier.

Some people charge you about £30 for an adventure run, I've just had one for free and my new trail shoes certainly felt great on all the surfaces I ran on tonight even if the run did cut short at under 2 miles. Will try again in the morning...

2013 - 100.6

Edited: 09/04/2013 at 21:26
10/04/2013 at 13:02

Well done on the duck rescue! 

Started yet another book  Im now reading Running on empty by Marshall Ulrich.

He is next level hardcore! In fact when you type "hardcore" into google he should appear holding the head of chuck norris in one hand and bruce lee in the other!

Totally bat sh@ crazy.....I love it!

10/04/2013 at 13:19

Thats not what I got when I typed in hardcore!!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.