Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

3,821 to 3,840 of 7,233 messages
02/08/2013 at 11:48

Lesley

See this link, oops sorry managed to log after B2Bs post !!

Edited: 02/08/2013 at 11:49
02/08/2013 at 13:27

Yeah 330, lots of phone apps out there which will record what you do providing you can get a GPS signal where you intend to run.

If you have Android phone, one i used last year with good sucess is RunKeeper.

A few others which spring to mind are MapMyRun and Runtastic.

However if you have the iphone im sure there will be simular apps to download from wherever you get them from.

02/08/2013 at 14:23

I have map my run. Problem is need an arm wallet to carry the damn thing !!

02/08/2013 at 14:37

B2B keep meaning to get one of those arm wallets to carry phone in as its to big to fit in shorts pocket - most arm wallets seem to small gotta get one especially for a samung galaxy !!

I am going to get a garmin for sure though

02/08/2013 at 19:58

Plenty on ebay, thats where I got mine. 

I got the galaxy s4

03/08/2013 at 09:44

Here you go 330, under £100 and you're in business. It's Christmas soon

GPS watch reviews

MapMyRun is ok although I have ran some of the routes with my GPS and they're a little exaggerated at times! Some people will be gutted when they enter an actual event and they don't win.

Fantastic run today! Got into watching a film with the kids yesterday and missed my run. As I walked up the road to my starting point I couldn't help but think I wasn't going to enjoy this. I ached, legs felt heavy and the first half mile my breathing was like a 20 a day smoker.

However, I eventually settled down and half way round realised I was cruising along nice and easy. I took the hilly route and although I was running easy the two hills that normally take it out of me were taken in my stride (a very short stride admittedly). I upped the pace over the last half mile which averaged 7:21, god only knows where that came from!

August - 5

2013 – 343.96

Edited: 03/08/2013 at 09:47
03/08/2013 at 11:52

Thanks JR

See only one Garmin makes it onto the list - Like the look of the Soleus one may track down some reviews

Confession time - I am not running today. Saturday I normally run my 12 - today and circumstances haven meant I cant and I cant even make 5 - was looking forward to going to Loch Lommond shore but not to be

After last weeks 12 in which I struggled in the last two miles I have been a bit down about it all and haven't run since. On 15/8 I am off on hols and I feel all the good work I have done I have undone. I mustt ry and run every day unril I go away to make me feel better about it.

Oh well onwards and upwards - maybe just mayb could squeeze a run in later

03/08/2013 at 13:35

http://instagram.com/frankiee_lew please follow me, help me with my progress - seriously want to hit running hard now. 

03/08/2013 at 20:10

we can follow you on here Frankie. No offence, but I won't be clicking any links.

03/08/2013 at 20:40

I clicked - why do people post this rubbish?

04/08/2013 at 16:00

what was he selling 330?

04/08/2013 at 17:14

Nothing just link to a page full of photos - and its a woman - weird

04/08/2013 at 18:59

Well done on your run JR!

330 I have a Soleus one, got it about a month ago half price in Sweatshop. Its not bad, still getting the hang of it (not great with watch technology) but I don't think the gps signal is very strong compared to dearer Garmins, as one of my runs it kept losing signal, but updated accurately once found again; and the first run I did with it was through the woods and it didn't measure accurately so not sure what happened with that run but since then it has measured fine?!

Well I did the York 10k today, I wore my knee support as I didn't think I would manage to complete it comfortably otherwise. Well it definitely helped, I didn't get a PB but there was over 5000 people competing to dodge in and out of, and I didn't want to push my knee and finish it off, but I did still manage to complete in under the hour, 56:25  so still really pleased!!

04/08/2013 at 20:19

Thanks Lisa will have a good read up on them

Took a walk into town to day to watch our local half marathon as Hayley Haining was running, she won it last year (the whole race not just the woman) she was neck and neck with leading man at 9.5 miles but came second eventually

Oh how I wish I had done it now (and to hell with finishing in the bottom 5%) its a great race and only a mile from my house - just hope I get the chance next year.

I love the atmosphere of race days would love to get back to a club which is silly as Helensburgh has a club - you never know might try it one day !!

04/08/2013 at 20:51

Hello people,

well done Lisa on your race....funny isn't it, the other runners aren't something I've ever thought too much about in races when training but it will make a difference on your time.....

mr Neez's 40th bday weekend this weekend, managed a 3m yesterday and a 6m today with my sister today.  Was lovely to go off road onto the moor yesterday.

ITB touchwood felt ok.

hope everyone else ok

happy running

05/08/2013 at 05:58

Yeah well done guys,

Went out for early morning run today 5am

Only got a mile and had to stop, bad pain in that left calf.

Hobbled home to ice it, but gutted when I was doing so well.

Only on week 6 as well, god knows how long it will take before I can run now.

Really gutted!!

05/08/2013 at 08:20

Oh no that's not good Kevin. Its so frustrating when fitness wise you do so well but then an injury stops you from progressing! Hope it doesn't take too long to heel!

Post race today my knee doesn't feel too bad, so maybe I will actually be able to get back to training this week?

Fingers crossed on your ITB being ok Gammi, and happy 40th to Mr Neez

330 I defo love the race atmospheres, they're so uplifting, and make a nice change to a training run too!

05/08/2013 at 09:47

Yeah thanks lisa, 

Put ice pack on this morning but made no difference, hobbling round work this morning, cant roll from heel to toe hurts likt hell, even hurts pressing clutch down on car.

Looks like a weeks rest at least, feel downhearted now after all the hard work and fear this will set me back to square one again. 

05/08/2013 at 09:53

Well done on your 10k Lisa. Now you have atarget, sub 55 next time! Considering you were clearly holding back because of your knee you should be feeling very confident now. Good on you

Happy birthday to Mr Neez, Gammineez. Totally agree with you about getting off road, no better feeling! 

05/08/2013 at 09:55

Hey folks, just a quick catch up for me and I will come back later...

5k with Mummysaurus last week added to my total as I forgot to add it.

Friday I was off work as my boiler was being fixed...well I say fixed, they are coming back today. Got out for a hard hilly trail 6.74 mile in the woods, felt good and pretty fast at times. 

Providing they get here and get the bloody boiler done I might try and head out today for a 6 or so...

Well done Lisa! 

Happy birthday Mr Neez

Kev - take a rolling pin to that calf, hamstring and quad it will hurt but it will fix you up 

Happy running or resting folks, catch up soon

2013 - 448.63

milo - 199.42

Edited: 05/08/2013 at 09:56
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.