Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

7,221 to 7,226 of 7,226 messages
Yesterday at 10:30

They don't do the SVP100 but they do use part of the same course.  Part of me feels like having a go. 

Yesterday at 10:44

ah I see! Give it a go!!

Yesterday at 12:22
Marathon entries! Like the sound of that!

B2B, to compare grendels run, simply bang out a 5k in around 24:45....then imagine you've two miles to go.

Grendel, I can imagine you'd have expected something a little quicker but each race is unique and all sorts of variables affect your time. Falling off a ladder three days before is certainly not ideal and while its true your legs do most of the work your upper body is important and its bound to have an affect on your performance.

Rest day today, club training session tomorrow. No idea what that entails but quote looing forward to a structured session. Have found an event for my 40.th next year, will post a link once I've got Mrs JR's approval. It looks pretty brutal.
Yesterday at 14:09

ah ok that gives me a good idea of the effort

Edited: 21/10/2014 at 14:10
Yesterday at 15:18

A mate of mine invited me to join him in the greensands marathon this weekend in dorking. I was genuinely interested, as it sounds very pretty, and I know he wouldn't be hitting it hard, more like a walk / run through the countryside for the afternoon. I've not run longer than 10 miles since April, so I was a bit nervous about completely knackering my legs, but I was definitely up for having a go. Worst case scenario, I could ditch it half way if it felt too much. As if happens, my missus has plans for us on Sunday, so it's a non-starter for me, but I surprised myself at how easily I rationalised a 26 mile run with 5000 ft of ascent, given my current shape.

I'm continuing to plod home, and do some core strength. I was planning some speed work today, but my legs feel a little heavy and my back is a bit stiff, so going to take it easy, and defer til tomorrow.

So far 96 miles for Oct, 899 for the year.

Yesterday at 19:36

Grendel: My strategy for disappointment is two-fold: 1) try to improve on recent performances - even if they are slow compared with old days 2) looking at age graded times.

AG: reminds me of a Marathon I ran in 2003 with no specific training. It was a properly measured course but poorly advertised. I was roped in to make up the numbers. Dead on my feet at the end, run/walk for last few miles. A month later I ran a really good 10k on a hilly course. So it seems it didn't do me any harm.

Not decided on MY Marathon yet . Wimborne 10 in 4 weeks. Flatter than Weymouth 10 and hoping for less wind.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7,221 to 7,226 of 7,226 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.