Starting again from the beginning!

Feel free to join me!

8,041 to 8,042 of 8,042 messages
20/11/2015 at 16:37

That's brilliant JR. Funnily enough this is also my best year for 5 years by some way already !!

No run today as been out 2 days running (no pun intended) and don't want to push it but hopefully out tomorrow. Went through a few days there questioning why I run thinking it was futile waste of time and could start the easy life now im a granddad

But last 2 days enthusiasm came back with a bang im all "lets get the miles in - log more miles - let get out there - sign up for races - I can do another marathon" !!!! (also want to keep fit don't want to end up some old geezer wheezing for breath walking down the road) But at the moment I cant run the length of myself !!! Still, signed up for a half in March next year and aiming to knock 5+ mins off 2:13 I got at this years GSR. Do GSR again hoping to push 2:05 there and see where I am.

If I feel I can do another marathon it will be the Loch Ness in 2017 althougfh will apply for London as well. Theres a 33 mile Ultra I fancy as well but that's a pipedream (or is it?)

Considering I have not had a running partner for 5 years I think I am doing well. Would join the local club but cant get back from work in time for the meets. Was speaking to a girl who had got her certificate from the The World Majors team as she completed all 6 now (not all in same year) and I was so envious. If I was single I would be having some of that

At the moment I am Mr enthusiastic just love this sport. Sorry not been about much but aim to be on more - so hit the tarmac (not literally) and get the miles in !!!!

Edited: 20/11/2015 at 16:45
23/11/2015 at 22:21

Since last post done a 4.2 and a 3.59, feeling better injury easing

Nov - 29.46

2015 - 532.36

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8,041 to 8,042 of 8,042 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.