Starting January 2013

Starting January 2013, anyone else?

41 to 46 of 46 messages
28/01/2013 at 21:58
I know my lungs can do it , but my legs refuse to sync with them lol
I am also xcurlytwigx on Twitter but I don't tweet often and also random none running stuff - lots of cycling tweets - but feel free to follow
I'm not doing c25k , but my own version of 5- 10k I guess, I can run 5k in 31 mins, I want this sub 30 and my 10k sub 1 hour
am taking it easy as can feel it my knees and foot arches ! My leg muscles don't ache much but my shoulders do.
28/01/2013 at 21:59
Btw I haven't ever ran 10k lol
02/02/2013 at 18:09
Wow what fab progress everyone is making. I've had a few delays with snow and work commitments but did my week 4 run 1 on the c25 app yesterday. Ridiculously pleased to have felt ok. Running again tomorrow. Im not too bothered about speed yet I think that will build as i get fitter and I dont want any silly injuries... my poor joints and undersused muscles need time to get used to this!

My motivation is still high - I am feeling very determined and get quite grumpy when snow and work get in the way. Even wondering about signing up for something to give me a goal but I'm still rather alarmed at the prospect so will get to 5k first to build my confidence and self-belief... im ignoring my inner doubts at the moment! Also Im doing a skydive for charity in March so that's challenge enough for now!

Good luck everyone. I look forward to hearing the next instalments! I will find those on twitter and follow!
22/02/2013 at 14:02

How is everyone getting on? I've just finished week 5 and despite thinking I wouldn't be able to do day 3, I actually found it easier than day 2. I think I found my rhythm towards the end. And when the voice said "You are half way" I thought, wow, that was 10 minutes already?!? 5km seems achieveable now

22/03/2013 at 00:12

Week 8 and I ran my first 5k today in 27 minutes. Still got 1 week to go the rpogramme works!

23/03/2013 at 14:13

Hi Newbie just jumping in here! good to meet you all

Iv'e been running for about 3 months now and finished a 5k programme last week (Zombies, Run 5k).

I still can't run the whole 5k distance without walk stops. I seem to have trouble with keeping a slow pace, I tend to run too fast and so need to take walk breaks and have tried paced music, smaller strides and all sorts. Anyone have any tips as I feel that any slower is a struggle as I would say that I "jog" rather than "run" (around 10kph)

Also would be keen to hear what people do once they finish the 5K. I am currently just trying to increase the length of time I can run for and have downloaded a couple of other structured plans from this site to work on.

Encouraging to think there are other people out there in the same situation. I actually drempt I was running a smooth pace last night and felt I could run on and on...shame I woke up! lol!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.