Starting Running need advice!

Want to start running to lose weight and relieve stress!

1 message
14/04/2010 at 02:51

Hey all im new to the forum and im also looking to start Running as a means of losing weight and staying healthy and for stress relief!

Most of this will be questions and i really apreciate it if people would help me out and getting started

Ok well first ill tell you abit about me,

Weigh: 14 stone,

Height: 5.7

i have no medical conditions or anything that could stop me from running.

Ok well as you can probally tell from that i am overwieght, but i dont know by how much so what would be the reccommened weight for my age and height?

As ive found out aswell i need to start eating healthy so could someone reccomend maybe a book or something to help me with meal plans and meals. ive also heard nutrition shakes help so what would you reccomend?

I know i have to get some running shoes, but what kind of clothing should i wear?

Well thats all i can think but i really would Appreciate any help and advice you can give me!

Thanks 

Paul!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.