Support, Advice and Inspiration .. Come join us ...

INSPIRE, a beginners 'virtual' runners club. Read Page1 please

82,641 to 82,660 of 82,753 messages
01/08/2012 at 11:45

Hello all

Just popping in...I have a few weeks of work andam spending quality time with middle daughter. She has made some improvement but still quite poorly really. My OH has taken the other two children to stay with his sister for the week. They will be off to watch the olympic rowing tomorrow. I was gutted that my middle daughter was not well enough to travel, it would have been amazing..but we will watch on the TV!

I have managed to keep running although not as aften as I would like. Not much chance this week as I am on my own looking after my daughter but may sneak in a short run at some point!

Good to see Glowfeet back here...I am trying to lose weight as well.

02/08/2012 at 07:12
Nice to see you mad

Hope Ur daughter feels better soon.

Did a 5k in 35 minutes Monday Achilles gave me a very sharp reminder within hours it's not to running that fast yet - so leaving it till tomorrow to run again to give it a chance to settled down again
02/08/2012 at 12:59

hope your daughter get's better soon MWW

well done on the run dee

05/08/2012 at 10:44

a nice 5 mile run today

06/08/2012 at 14:02
Cheers Q

Looks like you had a good run yesterday

4 miles for me this morning, got 10 weeks till my 10k race, so gotta start looking at training ideas for it
06/08/2012 at 21:52

well done on your run Dee, have you looked on the training tab at the top of the page

had a swim this afternoon, then on the wii-fit tonight

07/08/2012 at 21:15

3 miles tonight a little later tonight as i went down the seafront with my wife,daughter and granddaughter

will be at the firework display tomorrow night

09/08/2012 at 17:52
Will take a look this weekend Q

Aiming for a least an hours run tomorrow before work, started talking to a lady in the gym who is aiming for the same thing as me so might of found a future training partner
09/08/2012 at 19:54

3 miles tonight a little bit warm

10/08/2012 at 15:36

Hi guys

I have been so busy at work this week

I have been running every night this week  Q I went about 8 last night and it was just pleasant, planning maybe a tad later tonight

Have a good weekend everyone

12/08/2012 at 11:21

well done on the running Booey

ran 6 miles this morning a nice run not too warm

14/08/2012 at 20:21

4 miles tonight felt a bit laboured

16/08/2012 at 07:39
Took the running outside this morning at a country park, only did about a mile, didn't want to push it on rougher ground will see how the Achilles feels tomorrow
16/08/2012 at 20:00

well done on the run Dee hope the achilles is feeling ok

ran 3 miles tonight another warm one

19/08/2012 at 09:45

Hello all

well done Dee and Q - good to see you are getting out there.

A difficult week for me, daughter not so good this week, plus my 82 year old father had a fall gave us a bit of a scare!

Having done my first good LSR for ages last week, I have a problem with my ankle and have not been able to run since

19/08/2012 at 11:01

hope your dad's ok MWW and your daughter get's better soon. hope you get your ankle sorted and can get back to running

ran 6 miles this morning quite warm out there

20/08/2012 at 08:32

Morning all

Thanks Q - my Dad is okay, cuts and bruises mostly, but need to get him an appointment with his consultant to see if there is anything that be done to ease the dizziness that I think caused him to fall.

Nice swim for me this morning!

21/08/2012 at 07:42
Sorry to hear about Ur dad mad.

Looks like u r doing well Q.

Not been able to do anything for the past week been too ill, hoping to get a run in b4 the weekend. On the plus side Achilles was fine after the outside run
Just want to feel a bit better so I can train again only 8/9 weeks till the 10k, keeping it realistic and aiming for about 70 mins (slow I know, but sensible)
22/08/2012 at 10:25

Hello everyone,

I've been persuaded by all the lovely stories and encouragment at the start of this long thread to 'come out' and admit to the world that I am trying to learn to run! Previously I lost 4 stone and was very fit and would run up to 5k but never felt I could do more. I'm now 3 stone overweight and very unfit. I'm fed up with trying to diet so I've decided to focus on running and eating sensibly. I want to be able to run for an hour, as this has always seemed to me like an amazing thing to be able to do, so I'm following a training plan to run 10k.

My sticking point is this - I'm really competitive (with myself mainly) so training for a race would really work for me but although I've looked a few up, I'm nervous about signing up for them. As I'm in week 3 of a 10 week training programme I have no idea how slow I'll be at 10k when I get there and I don't want to sign up for a race that turns out to be of a really high standard and I finish the race 20 minutes after everyone else (I don't mind being last just without embaressing myself!). I'm in south yorkshire and have been looking at doing the Cusworth 10k and/or the Pickering and Moors 10k. 

Can anyone give me any advice about either of these races or about signing up for your first race in general?!

Thank you!

22/08/2012 at 12:19

Hi guys

Been busy again at work hence lack of posting.  Went club running last night did 5.7 miles and it was really nice  less than 3 weeks to my HM now

Mad - hope eveything is ok  you certainly have your share of problems dont you  you must be wonder women to cope with it all

Q - sounds like your running is going well as always  well done

Dee - hope its going ok, keep taking it easy and you will get there

Where is everyone these days btw  not heard from TL or Mykey for ages  hope they are ok

82,641 to 82,660 of 82,753 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.