Support, Advice and Inspiration .. Come join us ...

INSPIRE, a beginners 'virtual' runners club. Read Page1 please

82,681 to 82,700 of 82,753 messages
06/09/2012 at 10:21

Hi Mel great to hear from you again  sorry to hear about the club, I am obviously really lucky with the clubs I use  hope your knee sorts itself out with new trainers.  Dont be a stranger, although not heard from TL or Mykey for soooooo long, where are they?

Did a short run last night of 3.5 miles, thats it now till HM sunday  feeling good and confident, hoping to beat previous time of 2.22  going to Wales Sat morning back Weds, staying with my folks so travel to HM from there as its close.  I will pop on and let you know how it went

06/09/2012 at 14:07

Q - I saw you had recently started running again after those shoulder problems. And from what I recall, you seem to be getting your pace/mileage back quite quickly.

Booey - it is a shame about the club. But if people don't want to include you in their runs at weekends you can't make them. I MUST get on and order those new trainers .. the left knee was twinging again yesterday. I am in touch with TL on FB and she is doing fine .. but life seems to be just as manic as it always seemed to be. Haven't heard anything from Mykey lately but I seem to remember he said he was very busy. Good luck for Sunday.

*waves* to everyone else

09/09/2012 at 21:22

mel i still have a problem with my right shoulder which is slowly getting better, hope you got your trainer's ordered

hope the HM went well Booey

10/09/2012 at 20:39
Hi mel wb

Not running at the moment calf pain got too bad, decided to rest it for a couple of weeks and resigned myself to the fact I wont be running the 10k in October. Still not to worry, I'll look for one in the new year, in the meantime once pain has eased I'm going to do a few park runs.

Hope everyone has a good week x
11/09/2012 at 00:20

hope it get's better soon Dee, there's alway's other race's

11/09/2012 at 08:56
Thanks Q

I'm not too worried I think I was pushing it to be ready anyhow was struggling transferring from tready to road, so once I've rested up im going to go out on the road/trail no more tready for me
11/09/2012 at 14:49

Q - sorry to hear shoulder still not 100% but glad it's not so bad you can't run.

Dee - hello! *waves* Sorry to hear about calf pain .. rest is better option than trying to run through any pain .. might make things worse otherwise. Tready will probably prove to be useful again when (if) it gets icy outside.

I am on 'lates' this week and don't have to leave home until 8:30am. But (gasp!) I actually got up at 6:30am on Monday and did a 3.25ml run before breakfast at 10:05mm pace (which is better than my usual pace). Going to try and repeat that again tomorrow morning. Makes you feel very virtuous going out early and what's more, you seem to 'gain' an hour in the evening as well

11/09/2012 at 20:29

well done on the run mel

i ran 4.94 miles tonight it's starting to get dark earlier now

13/09/2012 at 12:21

Hi guys

Back from Wales yesterday and managed Lake Vyrnwy HM on Sunday in 2.18, its only 4 minutes better than my first HM but fairly happy with that  its such a beautiful place and I would defo consider doing it again

Hope you are all good and getting in the runs

13/09/2012 at 13:29

Q - well done re the 5ml run (agree its getting darker earlier and earlier) .. flourescent jacket will be a necessity again soon.

Booey - great time re the Lake Vyrnwy HM.

I DID manage to get out of bed at 6:30am yesterday and did another 3ml run - this time at 9:50mm pace so even quicker. I am playing Fetchpoint (game on Fetch website) and was supposed to collect two more gore-rillas yesterday. But someone else got there first. I noticed this morning there are 3 more gore-rillas within easy reach .. wonder if they will still be there when I run again? 

13/09/2012 at 15:32

well done on the HM booey a great time

good running mel

ran 4 mile's this afternoon instead of tonight as mrs Q want's to go shopping later  

14/09/2012 at 07:11
Well done booey,

I agree Mel I'm hoping to get out this weekend for a gentle jog to see how it feels.
Daughter has just talked me into doing a race for life twilight on the 5 th October, so hoping I'll be fit to run it, if not will walk.

Have a good weekend all and fingers crossed the 2 week break has worked
14/09/2012 at 13:32

Q - thanks and well done re 4ml run.

Dee - hope the gentle jog works out okay.

I managed to get out again this morning and did another 3ml run at around 10 m/m pace. Have surprised myself by doing 3 morning runs this week!  Off to Chelmsford on Sunday to see Mrs Wm's sister (ruby wedding get together). So planning to do a long run tomorrow (and will be interesting to see how legs feel after today's run!). 

14/09/2012 at 14:23

Hi all, didn't want to do my run today, it is wet and windy in Huddersfield. Glad I did though, I feel comfortable on 25 minunets now. I will leave  it till Sunday and then increase it to 40 minutes Sunday with walking then jog, then 3 increase it by another mintues in places.

I hope you have had a decent week generally.

I would like to think I could make this one of my regular rooms. Just as an afterthought. Yes I do have a small boat I camp on, that I have been slowly renovating over the past couple of years now. Thats where I got my nickname from, after I went on 3 different vessels during the Tall ships races,

16/09/2012 at 22:31
The gentle jog turned out to be 2.23 miles in the end. First mile was 10.39 pace second was 9.50 pace. Calf isn't too bad feels more stiff than sore, but, have stretched and iced to be safe. See how it is in the morning. All being well will run again mid week.

Hi sinbad personally I don't mind the wet when running its the wind

Hope u all have a good week
Edited: 16/09/2012 at 22:56
16/09/2012 at 22:56

just run my first 5k charity race today (Demelza 5k at Mote Park, Maidstone - wish someone had told me about the hills!) and i want to get involved in some races/club to help me continue and keep my motivation. I usally run for about 3/4 months get busy at work and then miss out a couple of months. Think i have been yo-yo running for about 5 years now! I run 5k easily at about 27 mins and have done 10k at about 56 mins previously. Anybody got any suggestions? Should i mention that i am 36 too?

20/09/2012 at 17:15

well done on the morning run's mel, hope the long run went well

well done on getting out in the wet and windy weather sinbad, hope sunday's run went ok

good running Dee, hope the calf is ok now.

well done on the charity race sharpiejas, if you can find a good club that can help you then i would go for it, i was about 36 when i started running

20/09/2012 at 19:31
Cheers Q,

So far so good with the calf, going out in a bit for another gentle run, bit chilly here on the south coast tonight - perfect for running
20/09/2012 at 21:54

Hi all - sorry I've not been around all week .. busy, busy, busy at work and no time to spare!

Sinbad - I'm like Dee .. don't mind running in rain .. prefer it when its not windy!

Dee - glad to hear calf sounds like its improving a bit.

Sharpie - I think I've been yo-yo running for the last five years when I think of the various injuries I've had .. have had phases where I always seem to be starting over again. I'm 60 btw!

Q - I surprised myself last Saturday .. managed almost 10mls at 10:15 pace .. didn't think i could run that far or do it at that pace. The run included a few hills (1600ft of ascent over the whole run) so all good practise for my 9ml hilly race I am doing in mid-October.

21/09/2012 at 12:38

Hi Guys hope your all well

Had a few little runs this week, one with the club  I have a free weekend so hopefully get out there and do abit

Have a good one everyone

82,681 to 82,700 of 82,753 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.