Support, Advice and Inspiration .. Come join us ...

INSPIRE, a beginners 'virtual' runners club. Read Page1 please

82,701 to 82,720 of 82,752 messages
21/09/2012 at 18:15

good running mel

well done on your running Booey

have a good weekend everyone and i'll be away next week on holiday so catch up when i get back

22/09/2012 at 09:50

Hi all,

I read the first page, and wow so many different lifestyle and reasons for running.

Well the impression I got was tto come and join you,and say my own background so here it is.

I have post traumatic stress disorder from chidhood trauma (I stress not military), I survived attempted murder twice. But I always tried, and I obtained my psychology degree in 2010, and now i'm taking a year out before before I do my Cognitive Behaviour therapy Diploma, upon compleition I will be able to set up my own practice.

I have returned to running for two reasons, I have a small boat that I'm renovating, and I will be using running running as a break from working on my boat. But also I wish to eventually complete the ultra marathon that is in the desert, plus triathons.

I mentioned the pts as people find it to be friends with those that have pts. But I'm tired of hiding it, in all aspects of my life. But for personal reasons, I do not wish to discuss it after this post. I just hope it doe's not stop any of you getting to know me within these forums.

Enjoy your runs today.

22/09/2012 at 19:53

Q - have a good holiday - see you when you get back.

Sinbad - thanks for the background and won't be mentioning ptsd after this post. Can imagine running being a good break from working on your boat .. I work at a desk (IT support) so running is my chance to 'run away' all the frustrations from that and give me some much-needed exercise.

I've been out today and done the same route as last weekend - just under 10mls with a few uphill slopes - managed it at 10:40 m/m pace (got a bit carried away last week and claimed I did it 10mls at 10:15 m/m pace .. should have been 10:35 m/m!). Anyway, very pleased with today's run and good practise for me for my upcoming hilly 9ml run I am doing in mid-October.

23/09/2012 at 14:14
Sorry, bad forumite here. Work gets in the way and FB too addictive. Just back from New Forest half where, as I was gaily running along at a nice 10+ min mile pace I get tapped on the shoulder at 3 miles. It was Mykey! Suffice to say we did the rest of the race together, thanks to Mykey I PB'd in 2:10:20, The last 3 miles in 29 minutes i think. I am sure he was pushing me up those hills. weather was foul apparently and I have webbed feet now. Don't run with him, he sings rude songs. I will read through hundreds of pages soon to catch up on all your news. Xx
23/09/2012 at 14:17
That's very honest of you sinbad, certainly does not put me off getting to know you through the forum. I work for the nhs in a super hospital so as you can imagine I see many different aspects of life and how it affects people.
So you're planning on the MDS?? My friend has done that twice, it's one tough race, really hope you achieve your dream of doing it - I take my hat off to you xxx

Managed a 5k training session on Friday in about 33 mins quite pleased with that, so I know I can run the race for life with my daughter in two weeks time, still think a 10k the week after is a step too far, so might look at the Santa run in December instead.

Happy running xx
23/09/2012 at 16:45

Hi all,

Thats still good running though MtnMel, I'm beginning to realise that changing your route can be positive, you can get into a sense of ease, otherwise, so that when you do your races and fun runs etc they may seem harder than what they may be.

Twiglet_legs sounds link an awesome run you both done, and the humour sounds like it kept you going.

Thanks for that DeeMead, it gets a bit tough at times, I'm hoping jogging again will help through those tough times. Listen to what your body is tellling yiou is as tough as actually the distance you want to acheive. Its just a pipe dream that distance at the moment, see how I feel after my first marathon, which I hope is the Manchester one around Aprill 2013 I think.

I feel for those who have sit down jobs, as its hard work motivating yourself to challenge yourself physically after looking at a screen best part of day.

I'm hoping that once I get upto my bench mark of 10,000 steps (but jogging that route) I will change it. No matter which way I take as that new route, I will be climbing back up a hill  that is about two miles long.

Glad your runs have been good positive training and racing ones.

23/09/2012 at 18:15

it doesn't matter about what problem's anyone has sinbad we are all runner's on here and that's what count's. good luck with your running and hope you get to do MDS in the future.

good running mel i often make typo's when on here , fetch or FB

hi TL well done on the HM and congrat's on the PB

well done on the run Dee and good luck for RFL in 2 week's

i ran 9 mile's this morning and got a week off running while on holiday  

24/09/2012 at 14:34

Hi all,

thanks for that grand Q.

Well even with all that rain some parts of the country. I went out for a jog this morning, well I say jog, it was more like a very slow water laden walk. I was soaked to the skin, even with a cagoul and bottoms on.

Glad I did it though. As who knows what the weather will be like on the day any our events, espcieally with the weather changing each year.

I wonder how many of us managed to drag ourselves out there today?

25/09/2012 at 11:52

Hi guys

TL  nice to hear from you at last I have missed you, and Mykey, where is he? he ok?  Come back soon

Sinbad - thanks for talking to us, its nice you can tell us and I wish you well in your future ventures and keep up the good running  we all have that interest at heart and thats good to talk about

I had a run on sunday, before the rain  only 3.4 miles.  Off out with the club tonight

26/09/2012 at 17:17

Back again already .. you can tell I'm on holiday can't you!

Dee - glad to hear you've completed a 5K training run so now you 'know' you can complete the RFL.

Sinbad - one thing that makes me try different routes is logging my runs on the Fetcheveryone website .. a game called Fetchpoint has you trying other routes to catch some 'Gore-rillas' and other tokens/credits.

Q - well done re the 9 miler .. enjoy your holiday.

Booey - well done re missing the rain on Sunday - enjoy your club run later.

I got out this morning before the rain - set off a bit fast and paid for it later but managed to complete just over 7mls at avg pace of 10:19 m/m so was happy with the overall result.

28/09/2012 at 16:38

hi all back from my hols, will be back running from tuesday

well done on all the running

02/10/2012 at 08:13
Hope you all had a good weekend.

Did nearly a 3 mile run in about 27 mins first 1.5mile was up a steady incline so quite pleased with that might try a gentle run mid week before the RFL on Friday evening, got lights, glow sticks and light up shoe laces at the ready. Just hope it doesn't rain now
02/10/2012 at 20:59

Q - hope you had an enjoyable hols .. and hope the planned run happened.

Dee - good time for your 3ml run - good luck for upcoming RFL

I got out on Friday morning and did my 9.8ml route I've been doing lately as training for my 9ml hilly race in Tring (though race number has arrived and its a 9.7ml race!). Friday's time was 1h 44m (10:37 m/m pace) so looking good for 14th Oct. I also got out for a 3ml pre-breakfast run yesterday .. planning to repeat that run again tomorow morning.

02/10/2012 at 22:17
Good time there Mel, not sure I could run that pace for 9 miles, I'm done in after 3
02/10/2012 at 23:11
Good running dee and good luck for the RFL

Well done on your running Mel and good for race

Ran 5 miles this morning, it went quite well
03/10/2012 at 10:21

Hi Guys

I see your all running well

I am finishing work at lunchtime today and off to Fuerteventura for a week so I will catch up with you all when I get back  I am so excited  hehe

03/10/2012 at 13:30

Happy hols Booey - went to Fuerteventura a few years back (Corralejo) and discovered I needn't always need my swim trunks!

Q - well done re the 5 miler

04/10/2012 at 20:19
Well RFL tomorrow, weather forecast is rain , can't change that tho. All being well going to have ago at one of the Santa 10k runs in December if that goes ok and leg holds up to the training, I'm thinking HM next year maybe. Does that sound reasonable to you more experienced distance runners?
04/10/2012 at 20:42
Sounds good to me Dee

Had a great run this morning 4.94 miles in 42 mins 36 seconds
05/10/2012 at 23:31
RFL done it was very wet and chilly, got round in 31 minutes so not too bad. Wasn't helped by people in with the runners that decided to walk after 500 metres taking up the whole path. Still was an enjoyable evening with a great atmosphere all for a fantastic cause
82,701 to 82,720 of 82,752 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.