Support, Advice and Inspiration .. Come join us ...

INSPIRE, a beginners 'virtual' runners club. Read Page1 please

82,741 to 82,753 of 82,753 messages
31/10/2012 at 18:46

Dee - the new shoes are great but having bought some new socks at the same time has made me realise the old ones are wearing a bit thin. They'll be okay for day to day wear .. just not enough padding for when I am out pounding the pavements.

Q - glad to hear the running is going well. I did have a race lined up until I was reminded by Mrs Wm that it clashes with my grand-daughter's 4th birthday .. don't want to miss out on my jelly and ice cream!

Booey - I'm friends with Mykey & TL on Facebook. As far as I know Mykey is busy with work and TL is as busy as ever (let's face it, she's always busy!). TL did the Great South Run (10 mls) recently but wasn't impresssed with her time .. now she's talking about doing a HM in Hertfordshire this coming Sunday.

I went out after work today and did 4.5mls .. it was almost too cold for my shorts and very blowy. Added to that my legs felt tired so it was hard work but another few miles in the bank.

31/10/2012 at 21:33

well done on the run mel, i've been wearing my winter gear for a few weeks now

03/11/2012 at 19:34

Q - I'm still in shorts but have been wearing my hi-viz jacket (shower/wind) over a t-shirt. Don't think it will be too long before I will be looking out for my long-sleeved t-shirt or thermal top.

Didn't manage to get out for a run today - was on call until 2:30pm then had to go over to see my son. Am out tomorrow so no long run for me this weekend.

15/11/2012 at 13:35

There doesn't seem to be a lot happening on this thread lately! I chat to a friendly bunch on the Gulp thread over here if you are looking for me ... 

19/11/2012 at 10:34

Thanks for the update Mel on Mykey and TL  glad they both doing ok

I have been really busy at work hence not seeing me on here much as thats the only time I log on

I am running plenty although not great mileage

Try and catch up when I can

12/12/2012 at 11:22

Mel - just seen on Fetch you won  well done

12/12/2012 at 11:22

Oh also Mel I had a pm from Mykey so thanks for that

13/12/2012 at 06:49

Booey - I was gobsmacked to win Fetchpoint last month. I just take part for a bit of fun and it gets me running routes I probably wouldn't bother with otherwise. Never seriously thought MY name would come out of Lord Fetch's hat. Now waiting to see what Gore goodies I get!

30/12/2012 at 19:43

Hello! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. My training has started for the Brighton Marathon in April, did 28 miles this week and feel really quite good. I just need to keep that up for the next three months, add a few miles to my weekly long run (last week's was 12, next week's will be a 13) and I'm good to go. I can't be @rsed to do much speed work, hills get done as part of my regular routes so I'll just plod along and see if I can finish in about 5 hours.  Life is as mad as ever but muchly enjoyable and I am knitting Clangers to raise money for Macmillan.

I hope 2013 is everything you want it to be.

p.s. Booey, if you are on FB just PM me and I'll give you my username so you can find me.

31/12/2012 at 11:16

Hi TL. I'd seen on FB you had started training for Brighton. And praying to someone that the rain would stop (for a while at least) so you get a dry run for a change! I did my last run of the year yesterday - a slow 5 miles - obviously too much eating and drinking and lack of exercise over the last week or two. Good to see you are knitting clangers (instead of dropping them?) and raising money for cancer charities. I can't knit so I just ran bare-a***d into the sea in June instead (for Marie Curie). They will be holding more charity skinny-dips in 2013 .. I'm waiting to pencil it in my diary 'cos it was great fun!

Booey - I'm on FB too (friends with TL and Mykey on there).

07/01/2013 at 12:43

Hi Everyone Happy New Year to you all

TL - good to hear from you and glad you going on well

My NY is going well so far and in the first few days have completed 22 miles  happy with that  just need some lb's to come off now  

Sweatshop £10 off code until 11th Jan is TGHJNY if anyone needs it, ordered some Asics got them for £36

09/02/2013 at 20:33

Belated Happy New Year from me.

Where is everybody?

18/07/2014 at 11:41

Havent been on here in a long time and its such a shame this thread ended one of the most helpful and friendly ones on here

hope everyone is running and running well

xxxx

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
82,741 to 82,753 of 82,753 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.