Support, Advice and Inspiration .. Come join us ...

INSPIRE, a beginners 'virtual' runners club. Read Page1 please

141 to 160 of 82,753 messages
18/07/2006 at 12:51
This club strip lark has got me quite interested. Anyone else got any designs or ideas?

Once of my graphic designer colleagues owes me a favour, so he might be able to suggest, time permitting.
18/07/2006 at 12:52
This 'club strip' lark has got me quite interested. Anyone else got any designs or ideas?

Once of my graphic designer colleagues owes me a favour, so he might be able to suggest, time permitting.
18/07/2006 at 12:53
Oops, double posted. The second post with the single quotes around club strip is correct, as I was trying to be toungue-in-cheek.
18/07/2006 at 12:53
www.a1rubber.com/images/beetroot.gif
What about this link for a logo pic?? Only joking!!
18/07/2006 at 12:54
This happens everytime you know....

I did a run last night and I promised myself I would rest today. But now, with all the chat going on here I really feel like going again tonight!! I might have to ban myself from reading the thread on non-running days ... maybe that'll cure me. Mind you, I'd never catch up on everything again :-)
18/07/2006 at 12:55
PSML Beaker - yep that's me!
18/07/2006 at 12:55
Jules-This is where I benefit from a really tall hubby, he has the mirror set so high i have to stand on tiptoe to see in it!
18/07/2006 at 12:56
Jules - know what you mean. Used to play netball every week - I ALWAYS had the reddest fact when we finished. Still - I like to think its cos I worked the hardest!!
18/07/2006 at 12:56
Allie, LOVE the beetroot-man-logo idea!!

OTH, havent picked car up yet, but will spend time fiddling with it ASAP!
18/07/2006 at 12:57
Oops sorry - reddest face not fact! Typing too quick now supposed to be WORKING!!
18/07/2006 at 12:57
LOL Allie, I am sure they were!
18/07/2006 at 12:59
OTH You could go for a walk instead?
Not trying to get rid of you of course! This is what I do though when I have the urge to run before i should.
18/07/2006 at 13:01
Stu Great to get a new car, we have two that are falling to bits and seem to cost a fortune when within sniffing distance of a garage. Have fun enjoying all it's new features.
18/07/2006 at 13:06
or shopping OTH...or weights...or pickin your nose...please don't run....you just must enjoy being told off methinks???

Love the beetroot. if it were on a wicking top, and plenty baggy enough, I would definately run in that!!!

Club Strip???...wrong sort of forum Stu?

Oh...club strip...kit...I geddit. :-)
18/07/2006 at 13:11
Thanks for the welcome runners :-)

I think the 'T shirts' is great idea.

Overthehill and Emenbelle the AF started as a couple of minutes of butterflies in the chest post race (usually between 2AM and 4AM in the morning but over time has gradually got worse to the point that it does occur during runs.

I've spoken to quite a few cardiologists and all of them have encouraged me to keep the running up.

At the moment I'm wearing a 24 hour ECG tape and will be meeting with the cardiologist within the next couple of weeks to discuss the op..

I must stress that only a minority of people get worsening of this condition so please try not to worry those of you who are experiencing symptoms, the odds are in your favour.

I took the last half hour out to read the other stories at the begining of the thread very inspiring and a shining example of the triumph of human spirit over adversity.

Thank you, all of you.
18/07/2006 at 13:14
Corinthian. Are you near me? I live Prudhoe.
18/07/2006 at 13:16
We are very glad you have come to join us Corinthian, please continue to let us know how you get on.

I agree with you about the stories, I think I will probably read them several times to fully take them all in.
18/07/2006 at 13:16
I cannot believe this thread - I disappeared for lunch and came back to millions of posts to catch up with! Must go on speed reading course :-) Thanks for the welcomes and yes pls OTH to add me to the race list (will make it harder to back out of). My running has stopped for a few days as I have a helluva cold - I thought this running lark was supposed to keep me healthy! Can usually manage 4 miles non-stop, did just over 6 miles one day but that was pure fluke, average about 11 min miles - slow but I seem unable to go any faster
18/07/2006 at 13:17
s'OK Em ... definitely being good this week - will be using the exercise bike later tonight. :-)

In fact, I've just told work I'm taking rest of day off and I'm gonna go have a nice relaxing bath, something to eat and 'chill out' for a bit. Might take the (motor)bike out later.
18/07/2006 at 13:18
Em I think I will continue to stick with the walk! No shops here.......
141 to 160 of 82,753 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.