Training regime?

1 message
17/10/2012 at 19:19

Hi, I'm going to join the Royal Marines in 2 years time and I run 3 miles, every time I run.

Here's my overral training regime: 

Monday: Running for 3 miles
Full body workout/Compound exercises

Tuesday: Running for 3 miles
Rowing for 30 minutes
Swimming – 10 lengths of freestyle 
10 lengths of breaststroke 

Wednesday: Rowing for 30 minutes

Thursday: Running for 3 miles
Rowing for 30 minutes

Friday: Bergen workout 

Saturday: Swimming – 10 lengths of breaststroke
10 lengths of freestyle
Rowing for 40 minutes

Sunday: Rest day

I'll vary my running routine in two weeks time, as I'll be running for a month then and my stamina would be better.

Is this routine fine? I'm not trying to get any aesthetic goals, I just want to be fit as I'm happy with how my body looks.

I would love to get my 1.5 mile times down to 7 minutes by the time I'm 18 (I'm turning 16 in November).

My questions:

Is my training regime good for my goal? 

Can I bring my 1.5 mile time, a measly 16 minutes, down to 7 minutes in two years?

I eat normally like most people in the UK, I don't have a healthy diet. Will this affect my performance, as I'm assuming that fitness and being healthy are different things?

Hopefully I can run a 5k marathon in January, will this be possible?

Thank you, Akshay.

Edited: 17/10/2012 at 19:20

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.